Menu

Q. for cooks or kitchen tool lovers: does this exist?

Alicia64

DS wants to get DH a slotted spoon -- the size of a regular spoon -- for his bday. Slotted spoons usually are serving spoon size. (DH likes to eat cereal by dripping most of the milk out his spoon before putting the cereal in his mouth.)

Sorry if TMI.

So DS thought a slotted spoon would be perfect.

So far I can't find one. Any suggestions?

Alley

The only ones I've ever seen are the ones that come as an addition to a set of silverware. There is usually a set of serving spoons a bit bigger than a tablespoon. One is usually slotted. A grown man could probably eat his cereal with it.

You can buy these additions (about 5 pieces) at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Thanks Zoobie!

I can't tell by the photo how big the mouth part is. I'm afraid the handle is smaller in length, but that this is also serving spoon size.

Alley

The q&a section has a measurement that says 2" at widest part of the bowl. Soup spoon sized. 

Pierced teaspoons used to exist, but the only one on amazon is a ridiculous sterling model. Maybe Replacements Ltd? Olive spoons or relish spoons might be a little small: https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Housewares-70439-Olive-Spoon/dp/B003ZJYSZQ/

Etsy has lots of custom spoons. Maybe a metal artist could make one custom. Put his name on the handle too. :rofl:

• Like 1

You know I shared amazon links above but I really do like the idea of getting one custom made. You should be able to find a metalsmith who will custom make one and even put the slots in a shape that would be personally meaningful and/or engrave a name. 

Just want to say that you have a very thoughtful ds--very observant and considerate.

That you picked up on that from this one post shows how observant and considerate YOU are. He looks like a "rough and tumble" boy, but he's a sweet gentle darling.

Thank you Ali!

Alley

• Like 1

You might also search for olive spoons.  This one looks like it might fit the bill and the price is right:

https://www.amazon.com/WMF-Manaos-Bistro-Olive-Spoon/dp/B001ECQQWY/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1477148068&sr=1-6&keywords=olive+spoon

And based on the suggestion to use a fork, you might search for "sporks", too.  Here is a set of four:

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Sporks-Everyday-Household/dp/B00UQKYMIU/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1477148304&sr=1-5&keywords=spork

Edited by vmsurbat