Menu

Accountability Thread:10/16-10/22

Fall Break for us! I've got to run out of town this morning. After that, who knows? I may stick around the house and write, or we might just run out to our favorite water hole and splash around. I never thought we'd still be swimming in October, but it's just that hot. Maybe we'll get a cool down by the end of the week. I'm kind of tired of summer.

• Like 5

We did school last week, I just didn't get on here to post about it. Computer issues, again.

Anyway, the plan for this week is as follows:

Sunday 10/16

Church

Hayride & Pumpkin Patch (for oldest, with her church 5th & 6th grade group)

Out to eat & fun shopping :) (for the rest of us)

Ensembles Practice

Monday 10/17

Regular meals, chores, laundry, exercise, pets, hygiene, rest

School Work -- Bible Reading, Bible (study for test), Science, Literature, Math, Grammar, Vocabulary, Roots, Composition, Reading, French

Early Bedtime

Tuesday 10/18

School Work -- Bible Reading, Bible (test), Bible Memory, Science, Literature, Math, Composition, Roots (study for test), Reading, French, Piano

Mandatory Nap

Wednesday 10/19

School Work -- Bible Memory (test), Roots (test), History (long lesson), Math, Composition, Science Vocabulary, French, Piano, Reading, Literature

Church Midweek

Thursday 10/20

School Work -- TBD

Choir Practice

Friday 10/21

School work -- TBD

Family Movie Night

• Like 4

Week of October 17th-21st

We took a mini break last week doing a minimum amount of subjects so I had some time to catch up with DD's work thus far.

Math-A week of review, then moving forward using more of the Thumb Drive lessons to support text. AofPS is not a good fit. We will give it one more try, but the discovery method of AofPS is not DD's prefered method of learning. I am going to show DD Math Girls. Maybe that will click with her.

LA-This huge, overarching subject is motoring along. No changes. We are still tandem reading Into Thin Air. It is a slog, but interesting to read about both about the commercialization of climbing Everest and also the kinds of people drawn to this type of adventure. I do not plan for DD to write about this book. We will continue our discussing the book during our car rides to town.

History-Writing Depth of Knowledge (DOK) questions for history is challenging, but ultimately I think combined with reading and note taking DOKs  will expand DD's understanding of history.

Science-Still checking this over.

Tucked into the rest of our week~

Swimming: Five times a week, two hours a session. She move into the top swim group and it requires a major commitment of time.

Piano: Lessons and practice seven days a week for one hour.

Ballroom Dance: One evening a week-we are still on the fence about this.

• Like 2

We didn't get to everything on the list today, but we did okay. Instead of Science this morning, we ended up chopping vegetables for snack, lunch, supper, and shakes. We had a very busy weekend -- go, go, go -- so we all needed the renewing therapy of chopping veggies, LOL. ;) Seriously, we need vegetables on a regular basis, or we start to wilt all over.

Monday 10/17

Regular chores, meals, laundry, pets, exercise, hygiene, rest

School Work: Bible Reading, Bible Review (study for test), Science, Literature, Math, Grammar (test), Vocabulary, Roots, Composition, Reading, French, Piano

Early Bedtime

We started Wanderings of Odysseus today, diving right into the blood and gore with the Cyclops bashing the men's brains on the rocks and pulling them apart from limb to limb (before devouring them, and washing them down with milk or wine). Yum. My girls are becoming desensitized to violence, alas. If it wasn't such a "classic" story... well, they can handle it, and I have this notion that they are secretly enjoying the raw edge to our read alouds of late. We usually have snuggly, sweet, cozy stories, like A Cricket in Times Square and Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown and On the Banks of Plum Creek and the like. It was time for some capricious gods, unsavory characters, and darkness, LOL.

Gotta go, things to do!

Edited by Sahamamama2
  • Like 4

I have a math problem for you.  If I took two, hour-long naps, thus bringing my total hours of sleep up to four, how many hours did I sleep last night? 

Today "went" as a result.  Fortunately it worked out so that much of what dd was doing today was independent anyway.  The one thing that we changed was that instead of just having her do five Key To pages by the end of the week, which despite good intentions were not getting done, I am having her do one a day. 

• Like 6

We started up as well after our fall break last week.  It was Thanksgiving in Canada so I brought my younger kids to visit my parents and oldest dd went off to visit her dad.  Today went okay.  Pretty well, actually.  Usual frustration in math for ds9, usual frustration in reading for dd9, usual lack of focus all over ds7 :P  But nothing earth shattering and for that I am grateful!  Just got back from neighbourhood yoga, now I'm off to feed the pigs and milk cows before supper.

• Like 6

I am starting to struggle with wanting to "DO ALL THE THINGS" and I will never be able to do all the things. 

That happens. It's actually good to not be able to do all the things. If we did all the things, we'd never be able to slow down and enjoy the things we do. And the trip to the apple orchard sounds like the kind of thing that is good to do, and enjoy. 
Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

Day two of break. It's hotter today than yesterday.

Today's schedule:

Breakfast and chores

Write

Do some housekeeping

Perhaps nap

Write some more

Writer's meeting tonight.

I suspect that at some point lunch will get eaten in there, but not sure exactly where.

• Like 4

We are into day 2 the week after our week off for Fall Break. Yesterday was just an unpack, do laundry, do a little of catch up and see where we were in school work and planning for the month. Kids had 3 hours of dance classes, which gave me time to read and plan for the month.

Today was supposed to be jump back into full schedule and start the next 8 weeks off with a bang until holiday break. AND I overslept by an hour, lol. I had a rough night. After sleeping at my mom's for several nights on an air mat, my back is in bad shape, and I was up and down all night.

So we jumped into our second subject of the day to keep us on track and will get back to math during the homework hour later.

So today:

Schoolwork in the morning (lots of subjects between the two kids.)

Also plan the week's menu and grocery list.

Plan our opening song and scripture for co-op this week.

Plan dd2's costume for co-op. It's dress as your favorite character in literature day. I have all kinds of Halloween and dress ups to look through and see which can count as a literary character, lol. Cookie Monster? Sesame Street has books, right? :)

Afternoon: reading aloud and get dd14 going on her next literature read (Gilgamesh, after she writes a summary of what she was reading.)

Tonight: get dh to sit down with me and see how we did on the budget for the month with our week out of town and some unexpected expenses last week.

And housework: keep up the laundry, laundry, laundry.

Have dh and girls clean guinea pig cage.

Do my regular morning chores.

Afternoon/early evening chore: spend some time in my room cleaning. A few minutes in a drawer and a few minutes on a box of school supplies that needs weeded out.

Before Bed: Take a Walk with dh after dd2 is in bed and girls are home with her.

Let's see how much of that gets knocked out...

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
  • Like 4

I was impressed with menu planning all the way through Halloween too. Some people do it a month at a time. I watch some YouTube moms that plan the whole month. Doing a week at a time is about all I ever get through, though in December I do plan what I am bringing to every holiday party or gathering for the entire month and keep on the refrigerator for the month. That helps me add the items needed for the coming week to the week's grocery trip.

ETA: we posted at the same time. I am really impressed that you are already planned into next month!

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
  • Like 3

We do baked potatoes with toppings (whatever we have on hand!) for lunches and/or dinners at least once a week, usually when dh is working late. My kids love it.

I do "plan and play" Tuesdays ala Flylady. So it is when I make a menu for the rest of the week and plan my grocery trip. I still haven't gotten to it. Our first day back to school plus working in the new therapy exercises w/dd has been a full day. And you know, following around after dd2 and her messes.

It is going to be a long afternoon, but Tuesdays always are since it is our one full day at home a week.

• Like 4

Tuesday's list already done:

-early morning check up for the toddler + shots for ds

-errands for FIL's building project + deliver the supplies and lunch to the job site

-kids play, learn and explore at the job site (painting, hardware installation, spotting deer and a box turtle on the property.)

Tuesday's list still to do:

-open a school book! Lol!

-piano practice

-early dinner

-extra curricular activities

On the subject of menu planning, I am always trying a new system, which actually makes me pretty unorganized! Ha! I can do a week at a time, piece of cake. But I get tired of having to do it week after week so I'll switch and do a month at a time for a while. Usually November thru February. I do some freezer cooking days, which I love to do because a stocked freezer makes dinner time so much easier. So that's it's own system within the other systems. See? Unorganized!

• Like 3

Tuesday 10/18

Regular chores, meals, laundry, exercise, pets, hygiene, rest

Prayer

Bible Reading

Bible--Test for Unit 1

Bible--Junior Bible Quiz Test for October

Vocabulary--Roots Up Test for October

Science Lessons & Labs (Gas & Gas Laws)

History--memory cards (review)

Grammar (extra practice)

Composition (all 3)

French (all 3)

Piano Practice (all 3)

Mandatory Nap (all 3) ;)

Literature--Wanderings of Odysseus, Chapters 4--6

The house is so quiet. They will be down any minute now. I should probably go fold some laundry, switch out a load, start another. And empty the dishwasher. And do something with this hair, before my husband comes home! :ohmy:

We'll read aloud tonight (Wanderings); haven't done that, yet, but the rest is finished. Tuesdays are generally quiet days. We are home, no one comes, we go nowhere in the afternoon or evenings... just school work, household routines, and the afternoon nap for the girls (and rabbits). ;) The rabbits nap every afternoon. They are creatures of habit.

I enjoy our quiet Tuesdays.

Tomorrow, we carve Sugar Lump's pumpkin into Mr. Jack O. Lantern.

• Like 3

Afternoon everyone.  just had my skype cello lesson, kids played out side, then put themselves in quiet time.  Now I have 45 minutes to chill before we start back up this afternoon.  Finished the last book on my list last night.  OMG, The Road.  It's dreadful.  Such a great book, but filled it horrifying ideas and events.  But couldn't put it down either!

Kids did a full morning of math, reading and writing, and I swapped out writing letters to a family friend instead of journal writing and copy work.  Ds7 just needs to finish copying out his good one tomorrow and we'll be all set to mail them :)  This after noon, Memory Work, Read Aloud and whatever else is on the group time list, then reading lessons for the two eldest.  Dd9 is doing Horizons Reading online and not liking it, but she's doing them anyhow because *I* don't want to do lessons with her.  She's so grumpy all the time lol.  And she needs them still.  It is mostly review right now so maybe she feels like it's a waste of time, but the review is probably good for her too.  

On the other hand, *so* far, CAP Narrative 1 isn't so bad with her (of course, we've yet to do any actual writing lol).  IEW is sort of hit and miss for ds9 but I want to continue with them, so he may be out of luck too.  Finicky children.  After a while you just get immune to their opinions, I suspect.

• Like 3

I am starting to struggle with wanting to "DO ALL THE THINGS" and I will never be able to do all the things. 

Yeah, when my girls were around 6 or 7, I wanted to do "all the things," too. Sigh.

Several reality checks later, I can see that, if I want to be in this for the long haul, then I have to prioritize "all the things." This includes deciding what is "school" and what is just "life." This also includes time to unwind, exercise, rest, and put myself together again, so I don't burn out before we reach the finish line.

So "school" is the essentials:

• Grade Level Work = Math, Grammar, Composition, Vocabulary (Wordly Wise), Vocabulary (Roots Up), Spelling, Assigned Independent Reading across the subjects (A.I.R.), and French
  • Group Work = Bible, Science (Chemistry), Literature (Chapter Books, Poetry, Shakespeare), and History

Outside of that, there is choir, piano lessons (with my mom), and church. But I did find a way to sort of "sneak" in some extras, if we want to and have the time/energy.

I have three charts in the front of my teacher binder, and I sometimes pull ideas from them. Here's an overview:

CHRISTIAN FAITH

September

Personal devotions (this reminds me to encourage the girls to have a devotional time each day)

Jesus is the Living Water (this reminds me to talk about this trait of God)

October

Family Bible Reading (this reminds me to have us read through a Bible book together)

Taste & See, God Is Good

November

Personal devotions

Thankful Spirit

December

Advent Bible Readings

Joy, Love, Hope, Peace, Light (related to Advent)

January

Personal devotions

Jesus is the Light of the World

February

Family Bible Readings

Love One Another

March

Personal devotions

You Are Forgiven

April

Family Bible Reading

Eternity; Heaven

May

Personal devotions

Attitudes & Actions

June

Family Bible Reading

Keeping the Faith

• Like 3

HEALTH & WELLNESS

September

Daily exercise

Drinking water

Eye exams & glasses

October

Daily exercise

Eating healthy food

Dental exams

November

Daily exercise

Flossing teeth

Endo appointment (me)

December

Daily exercise

Avoiding sugar

No medical

January

Daily exercise

Moisturizing skin

Dermatologist (me)

February

Daily exercise

Move every hour

Annual physical (me)

March

Daily exercise

Get fresh air

Gyn appointment (me)

April

Daily exercise

Get sunshine

Physical (husband)

May

Daily exercise

Check for ticks

Endo appointment (me)

June

Daily exercise

Use sunscreen

Physicals (girls)

• Like 3

FAMLY FUN

September

Autumn decorations

Autumn hike

Shore trip

Game night

October

Autumn hike

Pumpkin patch

Reformation concert

Movie night

November

Autumn hike

Thanksgiving decorations

Game night

Thanksgiving Day

December

Christmas tree & decorations

Christmas lights (we go to a "Christmas village")

Christmas concerts (girls are in a children's choir)

Christmas Day

January

Winter decorations

Birthdays #1 & #2

Movie night

Birthday #3

February

Birthday #4

Valentine's Day

Science Museum (or similar)

Game night

March

Spring decorations

Spring hike

Shore trip

Movie night

April

Easter Sunday

Birthday #5

Kites

Game night

May

Spring hike

Anniversary

Ellis Island & Statue of Liberty (or similar)

Movie night

June

Summer decorations

Tie-dye shirts (we do this every year)

Movie night

Firefly night (catch & release, LOL)

We'd also like to build a fire pit in the spring, and have a few fires before the hot and humid summer weather comes in. I'd like to take the girls canoeing again, but that isn't on the list. It could be, though. It's my list! ;)

You could perhaps make up a few charts like this, for whatever interests you have. Perhaps one for Arts & Crafts, tied in to the seasons. That kind of stuff really is so fun to do with little kids, it's a shame to miss it while you have them at six and seven. :001_wub:

Watercolor cards, burlap embroidery, hand-sewn felt owls, Play Dough Day, Queens and Princesses Day, Stuffed Animals Come to School Day... we did all that silly stuff here. :biggrinjester:

You have to at least have Teddy Bear Day! :D

• Like 4

Oh. And how it works is that we don't "have" to do any of it, but the lists just remind me of thoughts I had in the relatively calm planning phase of summer. In the middle of the year, I will not remember anything. If it isn't written down, it is gone forever, alas.

So I do glance at the charts now and then, to see if we are hitting those targets, in terms of the "rest of life," you know? It isn't all Math and Grammar and Composition and Spelling. There are some fun things to do that we would like to fit into the non-school spaces of our lives, and we can fit them in, if we remember them. LOL.

For me, it's the remembering that's the hardest part! But we did hit nearly all those for September and October, and enjoyed every bit of it. Lovely autumn hikes, our shore trip, game and movie nights, making autumn decorations, and going to the pumpkin patch (with a hayride for the oldest). The Reformation Concert is at the end of the month. This will be our third (or fourth?) year attending it. It's so lovely, every time. And it's free.

If you have free things in your area every year, but tend to miss them (because who can keep track?), then it might be nice to put those events on a list like this. Every year there are 4th of July fireworks somewhere, every year there are homeschool days at museums, every year there is a 4-H fair somewhere, every year the seasons and holidays come around again in basically the same way. What do you want to celebrate, take in, do, see?

Okay, I need to make an Arts & Crafts chart now. :laugh: I inspired myself. :laugh: HTH.

• Like 4

We had a science lesson yesterday and learned a few things about atoms and molecules. This morning, with the resident Drama Queen:

Me: "Good morning, Squeaky, how did you sleep?"

Squeaky: "Oh, I didn't sleep a bit! I am so exhausted from all those millions of air molecules bombarding me at 1,100 miles per second all night!"

Me: "Remember, dear, even in America, we do Science in metric."

Squeaky (goes to look it up, comes back): "490 meters per second. No wonder I'm bruised all over!"

• Like 4

I'm lucky to know what we are supposed to be eating tonight. The only reason I know is because it's Tuesday, and Tuesday is the night I stick four potatoes in the oven and call it good. 

I know, right!? Next month's menus? I would need another person's brain added to mine to make that happen.

But hubby and I are both on low-carb now, so it's all the same, anyway.

Eggs

Kale shake

Salad and chicken

Eggs

Kale shake

Vegetables and beef

Eggs

Kale shake

Salad and chicken

Eggs

Kale shake

Vegetables and beef

Sometimes we get creative and do vegetables and fish! The girls have been eating a variety of things, but perhaps too many sweet potatoes. They will have a slightly orange glow soon, just in time for Halloween.

Today, we're making West African Peanut Butter Stew (yum). If I had natural peanut butter, I could make a low-carb version. Actually, I might wait, until hubby goes to town tonight. He could get the natural stuff, and then we'll make the stew tomorrow.

We're going to carve the pumpkin today. I don't know why this is so exciting to me, but it's such a totally "fall" thing to do. Last year around this time, we were packing for our month with hubby's ____________ (inexplicable) parents in California. I'm still in PTSD over that experience, so anything we do that communicates to my deepest psyche that we will be home this autumn is soothing and good. I think the slimy innards of a pumpkin will be visceral enough to reach me.

Edited by Sahamamama2
  • Like 4

Good morning! I think I might have to get me some therapy in the entrails of a pumpkin's center to convince myself that October is really part of autumn. Another hot day here. But I'm told we have rain and cool weather coming. So I'll hold off on dissecting Jack for now. We'll probably do him in middle of next week or something. :D

I planned to take the boys out paddling again today if they wanted to go, but they said they want to stay home and write. So I guess I'll do the same. We do all have to go get our heads clipped and mine needs a fresh coat of paint later this afternoon. One boy wants bread baked, but wants me to do it. I think I'll tell him that I'll be glad to supervise. Lately I've had this strong desire for fry bread. I don't know why. I might just have to figure out how to make that one GF.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

School, school, school today. Need to make up for yesterday. Which is fine. It's cold and stormy today so we are stuck inside anyway. Until this afternoon when dd has a piano lesson.

-Ds expressed a big interest in the Titanic tragedy. So at the library the other day I grabbed all the books they had on the disaster. He has been loving it! We've read 3 books so far, he wants to see videos about it (which I need to find) and he has been telling Titanic trivia to random people he sees. The nurse that gave him his shots the other day got an earful about how many lost their lives, how many survived, why there weren't enough life boats, and more.

We even rigged up the furniture in the school room to see if they could make the jump from the ship to the rocking life boat.

There is a Titanic museum within driving distance from us that has special rates for homeschoolers and educational things on the website I can use. So I need to spend some time today planning activities and trying to make the trip happen.

Snack time done, back to the books!

• Like 4

Am I sick? Do I have the flu? Or am I hypothyroid again? I had another dosage adjustment, two months ago, so it would be kicking in right about now. I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Every muscle in my back is on fire, but especially around my shoulders and neck. That is typical of being hypo, but it may not be that. And I had been feeling so well for a while, it was nice for a change.

Oh, well. We're still trying to keep at it, though. Another hour or two to go, and then our school work will be done, hopefully.

• Like 1

Okay, a productive day. Housekeeping was done, and I spent several enjoyable hours this morning finishing the cover for my NaNoWriMo project for this year. Profile pic has been changed for NaNo, but I'll bring the dirty boys back in December. :001_smile:

• Like 4

I'm not sure what that was today. Temporary Wipe-Out Syndrome? Anyway, after our Group Work and a little Tutor Time, the girls worked on their independent assignments without me. I don't usually like to do things that way, but they wanted to keep on working and I had to rest. So I spent about two hours on the sofa, and they worked away. It's kind of nice, actually, to think that they wanted to keep working on school stuff and that, at least for a little bit, they didn't need me. LOL, we've arrived. ;) I suppose that is the meaning of "Independent Work," though.

In spite of the temporary wipe-out, I still felt well enough to make the stew (with reconstituted no-carb peanut powder, go figure). It's delicious. Also, we made Jack. The girls are at church, hubby is in town getting some groceries, and I am home with the rabbits. So peaceful.

Edited by Sahamamama2
  • Like 4

We got school done.  It is definitely getting to be a challenge.  Dd is done but I still have at least an hour's worth of work to do in grading even though I do grade throughout the day as well.  But this is what I get for not outsourcing our high school classes at this point.  I will have to do some study of my own to be able to grade biology tonight.  But I'm a lot cheaper than any outsourced class ;) and you could say that I benefit from having to take biology all over again at my age. 

• Like 3

I'm late today.  The kids' umbrella school (which I adore because they basically just give me money and I do all the rest!  No direction from them at all :) ) asks that I write weekly reports, a few paragraphs.  I always seem to be forgetting them this year?  Due on Monday and i think the closest I've gotten is Tuesday lol.  So that's what I was doing today when I had a bit of time to sit on the computer.

We got school done today.  Went pretty good. Kids have been working hard, so I've been impressed and we've made progress!  Good thing, because we're about to take a four day weekend:  Home Alone course for dd9, Girl Guide Camp over the weekend and then a Birthday on Monday (all for same dd lol).  Not sure what me and the boys will be up to but I think I'll get my little one back this weekend.  I've missed her!

• Like 5

It's rainy today. I've been slacking, but got my house planning done for the upcoming month. I'm planning to nearly double my writing sessions for all of next month, and needed to streamline some things. Today, I'm first going to go meet an artist friend for some feedback on my cover and some instruction in watercolors for myself and the boys. Basically, it's an excuse to go get covered in paint; what's not to like about that? :laugh: After that, I need to do some printing, a little planning, cook a stew as some cornbread for tonight, and write. Should be a good day.

• Like 4

Good morning ladies! I'm feeling energized today, I got a full 8 in last night and most of it was deep sleep, I'm so excited to be rested. The younger has has gotten morning time and piano practice done. The oldest has done morning time and is working on his chapter test for math. I'm hoping to get a Latin quiz done and a grammar quiz with him. If nothing else gets done with youngest, I'm still satisfied but, I'm sure we'll get to grammar with him.

• Like 4

Thursday 10/20

Blood work for upcoming appointment (me)

Super fantastic, surprise breakfast (prepared by hubby & girls) when I got home :)

School work, school work, school work! (I'm too tired to list it now)

Choir practice (girls) & errands (hubby & me -- this is our "date" LOL)

Chores, meals, pets, laundry, packing for his work trip

Bed time

Good night! :seeya:

• Like 3

I know I need to participate in this weekly thread- I just may need to schedule 'Accountability Thread' in my planner to keep me accountable for posting.Ă°Å¸Ëœâ€°

I really enjoy reading about everyone's week. I feel like I am still waiting for that one, solid week of school. That has evaded me thus far. I was sick this week so, while we did recitation each day, I only accomplished math and English with my older two. I read aloud to my ds8, he read to me, and we did spelling. Oh- wait- I did spelling with the other two and Latin with my oldest.

Also, I need to re-evaluate science and history. We are using textbooks, which I love (as a box-checker). However, when we do these subjects my kids look like I felt all through my education.

• Like 4

Good morning!

We might have to do school tomorrow too.

We plan to do school on Saturday this week, too. Part of the reason is because I was sick on Wednesday, part is because we want a lighter day today, and part is because hubby is away for a week. When he travels (for work) over the weekend, then we usually do some school work on Saturday, to help fill up the time. I like these kinds of weekends, though. They are relaxed and productive at the same time.

On the slate for Friday 10/21:

Change the bunny bedding (done)

Exercise & showers (done)

School --

• Morning Group Work: Prayer, Bible Reading: Psalms 53-56, Literature Read Aloud: Wanderings of Odysseus
  • Required Work: Math, Composition, Reading (with written work), Spelling or Vocabulary, French
  • Student's Choice: Choir Homework, Music Theory, Piano Practice, Recorder Practice, Exercise, Rabbits, Call Grammy, Letter Writing, Typing Instructor, Bible Memory Work, History Memory Work, French Songs, Handicraft, or _________ (with my approval)
  • Afternoon Group Work: Science (DVD lesson, study guide, discussion), French Culture (label a map of France, learn the regions of France)

I also have some work that I would like to do this afternoon, when the girls are doing their thing. ;) I want to type up the charts and lists from WWS 1:

• Topoi
  • Time & sequence words
  • Space & distance words
  • Literary terms
  • Sentence variety chart
  • Any other helps

I'd like to print these up on cardstock half-sheets, so they are more accessible than they are in our huge binder. The assignments are becoming increasingly complex, and they require several charts or lists to be in use simultaneously. So I think this will help my oldest daughter to be able to see at a glance the tools she needs to use. Also, it will be good for review (and helpful for the teacher).

After this is done, I want to print out some units from The Elements (McHenry). We are at that point in our Introduction to Chemistry now, and I think these activities will be a fun sub-unit in our studies.

Finally, I want to look ahead to next week and see what will best fit into our schedule. We're on track to finish October's work a bit early, hopefully by Monday or Tuesday. We all want to maintain our "lead" so we can take off some time in December. :)

• Like 3

Welcome, quietchapel!

Friday's list:

-Put away 4 folded loads of laundry (done)

-Ds allergy injections (done)

-pick up a dozen donuts as a surprise treat because of remarkably good behavior from the older kids (done... and seriously, who are these well behaved kids?! Weird. Nice, but weird.)

- ds phonics and math (done)

-dd math (done)

-dd language arts (done)

-dd piano and history still to do

-start on The Basement Project (insert ominous music here. I may not come out alive.)

• Like 3