Menu

Rod & Staff English 5 or 6 - differences?

Is there any compelling reason to buy 6 if I own 5? I want to do a thorough R&S year with DS12. Analytical Grammar is proving to be a poor fit for him and so we're heading back to R&S (tried & true). He IS a 6th grader though grammar is tough for him; I'm leaning toward using 5 since it is here.

In looking at the samples I see that the topics are the same and likely delve a bit deeper. But, I only have experience with levels 2-5 so I just don't know where R&S might change its approach, if it does at all. 

Thanks so much. 

We use level 5 in 6th grade. It's very thorough. (we went back to tried and true as well 😉)

:iagree:   You can use it a grade behind.  My 6th grader is about a third of the way through R&S 5.  I think SWB says you can work on it two grade levels behind.  I was reading through the rhetoric section last night and it seemed like level 7 was listed as an option for 9th grade.

I think it's boring, dry and repetitive, but my 6th grader and 3rd grader really like it!  They actually ask to work on it.   :rolleyes:  Weirdos!   :tongue_smilie:

• Like 1