Menu

Struggling

Terabith

One thing that helps me is to write out my feelings. I do it on the computer and never save what I write because I don't want anyone else to read what I'm thinking. But I think the act of putting the thoughts down is sort of a cathartic release for me. Not every time, but enough. I do have one poem I saved that I thought said exactly what I wanted to say. I showed it to my DH and he said it was an insight into how my mind works. I had to teach him to just listen to me sometimes and not try to fix things or try to rationalize my thoughts and emotions. I just need someone to listen and hug me. I hope you have the same support.

• Like 2

Lots of people cry in Mass.  It's emotional.  I'll bet if your daughter's teacher noticed, she prayed for you.  That's what I always do when I see someone crying in church.  Can you think of it that way?  That this probably meant that more people prayed for you there, right while you were sitting there?  Because I'll bet that is the case.

((Terebith))

• Like 11

They did a thyroid workup.  I don't have the numbers but they said my T4 was too low, I think?  But then they said that didn't mean anything since the TSH was in the range.  The nurse practitioner privately told me, however, that she thought it would be a good idea if  got an endocrinologist. 

See an endo.  "The range" for TSH is for all human beings, and includes men, twenty year old women, etc.  Women who are no longer 20 something have a different range.  Feeling lousy physically is always going to affect how you feel mentally.

:grouphug:

Going back in may be a good idea. Can you write about what's going on and how you feel and pinpoint if anything in particular may be triggering? Any events, foods, progressions of thinking, etc?

Edited by Arctic Mama

If they want to keep you, let them.  Let yourself be taken care of for a spell.  Glad you got yourself out to mass, even if you felt terrible there.  You are being proactive, reaching out, listening to the doctors, and keeping us posted (and taking our sage advice, always a sign of genius ;-)  )  You have got a lot of folks rooting for you. 

• Like 1