Menu

An Update on my College Experience Thus Far

elegantlion

So many of you have been so supportive of me returning to school. As I continue to live my life backward, my mom, ds, and me all got a house together this summer. I am now 8 minutes from school, which is making us (ds attends the same school) busier but more involved. 

I worked on an independent study for my honor's project this summer. I'm looking at a series of forged charters from Anglo-Norman England. I gave poster presentation about that at school last week. I was about the only humanities poster in a sea of science posters. This week I got invited into two honors societies, one for history, one for the university. Next week we're getting ready to launch a history club. So good things are happening. 

I'm also continuing as a supplemental instructor for the general studies ancient and medieval history class. Basically I sit in on the class and then lead group tutoring 3 times a week. It reminds me of homeschooling so much. 

I won't graduate until spring of 18 and some days I feel my age (45+). Some days I feel like I'm 20 and still trying to figure this all out. 

I am a better student because of so many of you here on the board who helped guide me through homeschooling for so many years. I seriously would not be where I am today without this board. So thank you. 

• Like 41