Menu

Baby loves puzzles, what for Christmas?

Janeway

Baby loves everything that seems to be like a shape sorter. He has handme down shape sorters, 3 different types, and a variety of wood puzzles that have shapes that fit in, and so on. He also has a rainbow stacker.

I would like to not be redundant. Any suggestions for Christmas presents? And I do not want something that is only for babies because I don't really want him to grow out of it before New Years Eve.

Edited by Janeway

Not a puzzle, but a matching game, we got a lot of hours of enjoyment out of Seek-a-Boo

https://www.amazon.com/MindWare-62076-Seek-a-Boo-Game/dp/B00GP28T7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475259214&sr=8-1&keywords=Seek+a+boo

Also, puzzles like this are nice. 

https://www.amazon.com/Match-Puzzle-Games-Heads-Tails/dp/B00CI8FFUW/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1475259391&sr=8-13&keywords=animal+matching+puzzle

For a bit older, those puzzles in a resealable foil pouch that you can get at the dollar store or the front of Target are actually reasonably durable and easy to store. We found we liked them as much as any sturdier wooden jigsaw, plus no guilt when you loose some pieces. Recycle it and get another. 

• Like 2

This thread has given me some ideas. This might be more appealing to a girl because I could only find it with Sofia and Minnie Mouse, but I really like the concept. https://www.amazon.com/Sofia-First-Wooden-Match-Dress-Up/dp/B00P2SL9FA/ref=pd_sim_21_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5A62T5ZKSN4GN3ATCY1S. I bought one and have it stored away for dd, but the reviews I read were good.

I don't know how old baby is :) but we have this toy: Night And Day

The littles play with it by stacking pieces however they like. By about age 3 they're ready for the booklet of puzzles that comes with.

This thing is so great!!

We saw sound blocks the other day and they were fun for my 14m ds as well as the 2yo we were with. They were cubes where you match together the front and back half of an animal, it makes that animal's sound!

Both my little ones have loved similar puzzles and shape sorters!

One thing we did that ended up being a huge hit and is now a regular gift for friends: we bought a selection of different bolts in various sizes with corresponding nuts. Mix them all up in a box and my kids would sort and match for hours. It turned out to be fantastic for fine motor skills as well:)

• Like 1