Menu

For mothers of many male (& female - I wouldn't know!) teens

creekland

Thanks, Creekland!

I started the morning crying in the shower. That comic made me laugh. I'm feeling like I can face the day now. It's amazing what a little humor can do.

Glad to have been helpful.   :grouphug: for the rest.  I'll freely share that humor/comedy is my #1 "go to" whenever I'm feeling cruddy, esp mentally.  

With (paper_ comics my usual favorites are Zits & Baby Blues because they so often "catch" those moments in life with raising kids and help me realize we're "not alone" with whatever we're dealing with.  

With (short) videos online I love Studio C - love, love, love them, although as with anything, some are better than others.  Operation Breakup parts I & II probably remain my all time favorites, but there are many I adore.  

With longer show comedians, Gabriel Iglesias is usually quite good.  Ken Davis (Christian) is a close second.

Best wishes for a good day!

• Like 1

:lol: Thank goodness our roof is flat. Variations of this have definitely happened here though...

Thank goodness our roof is too high to get to. But we have an 8' retaining wall and when we moved in here ds1--10yo at the time--wondered if he could make a parachute out of walmart bags. At least he didn't break any bones.

• Like 3

Yep.  My girl is super active and curious, but I don't think she'd try that.  The boys, otoh. . .  People don't seem to quite get that one boy plus one boy is not merely two boys.  And one boy plus one boy plus one boy plus one boy is WAY more than four boys.  Something multiplies.  

Family Circus was always my favorite comic as a kid.  One girl and a bunch of brothers.  I didn't know then that was a peek into my future.

But I adore my little boys.  I always figured I wanted at least one boy just to have one, but I was truly surprised at how much I actually enjoy having little boys.  They certainly have a special affection for their mama.  (Especially my youngest boy.  He's all mama, all the time, and I get kisses from him a million times a day.)

• Like 1

LOL, has anyone seen the Subaru commercial where the kids keep trying to walk off with various dangerous/damaging things (hair clippers, fire extinguisher, axe, etc.) to be "creative" with, and the parents keep saying, "You can't take that!" That is so our house.

My grandfather, as an otherwise bright teenager, once jumped off the roof using a burlap potato sack as a parachute. Genetically, I'm not sure any of my kids' crazy plans will surprise me.

• Like 4

Reminds me vividly of a time ds had a young friend over. Both boys were 5 or 6 years old. Ds got a plastic bin (usually held toys) and tried sliding down the stairs in it. The box slipped super fast on the wooden stairs and ds had a magnificent, painful crash. I kissed his tears and made sure he wasn't seriously hurt and then released him to play with his friend again. Two minutes later I found the boys back at the top of the stairs. They figured their problem was not have a big enough box. There was ds in a slightly taller plastic bin, ready to do the same thing again (smh).  :lol:

• Like 4

I just sent that to my 14 year old DS.   *Maybe* it will jog his memory that his own laundry basket is getting rather full and it might be a good idea to wash some laundry.   I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut.   I'm not too worried about him sliding down the roof in a basket - he'd much rather watch videos of other boys doing it.

• Like 2