Menu

Why are you still up?

klmama

I wanted to go to bed three hours ago.  Initially, I stayed up to help a dc submit an online assignment.  Then I stayed up even later because dc needed some laundry for an early morning event tomorrow, but there was another load in the machine already; I told dc to go to bed and I'd start dc's things when the previous load finished.  Now, I'm still up because dc's things also needed to be dried, and I don't like to sleep with the dryer going.  It's really amazing how much I can accomplish when I can barely keep my eyes open. 

How about you?  Why are you still up?

I was thinking about going to bed early tonight. LOL it is 1130pm.  Guess I forgot.  I am up because I finished watching Extant and googled to find out if there was a season 3, but found it was cancelled.  That search started a rabbit trail and well we all know where rabbit trails end........Here LOL  

well then, you see.  I was closing screens on my computer and found a half written email to my daughters old therapist who left a group practice last spring 'due to his own health'. I don't know what was going on , but was told he is continuing his own practice still.  (He had his own practice 4 days per week and a group practice 1 day per week) I would love to start back up with him at his private practice, but dd9 is very hard to work with and I can see why someone wouldn't want to restart working with her once they had a clean break.  I am asking him to recommend a new therapist as I just fired our latest one. LOL  I am trying to tell him what we need, while not bashing the last guy.   I am also finding it cathartic to write out what I need.  It feel it is helping me find the right words by writing it out, instead of a phone call, so I write paragraphs and then delete them. LOL  Letter has been saved, and program closed. Ill edit and send it another day. 

I just need to pick a show I have already seen to listen to while I sleep. (When I wake up stressing about things at 3am, I listen to the TV to go back to sleep and not fixate on things I can't change at 3am. )  I pick shows I have already watched, so I don't care if I fall asleep, since I already know what happens.

Brush my teeth.

Lock the house.

Turn off the lights.

Check on the kids.

Set my alarm,

Plug in the phone. 

Goodnight room.

Goodnight Moon.

Goodnight cow jumping over the moon.

Edited by Tap

I had to pick up my son from his seasonal theme park gig. The park closes at 1:00 a.m., and his official clock-out time is 1:15. Then it takes him another 20-30 minutes to pack up and make his way to the pick-up point in the parking lot. So, we don't make it home until 2:00-ish. In order to be awake enough to drive safely, I often nap for an hour or two during the evneing, which means I'm not tired enough to go right to sleep when we get home.

So, I'm now sitting here propped up in bed with my computer on my lap, trying desperately to find something on Netflix or Hulu to pass the time until I can doze off.

I'm still up because my husband is working downstairs and I'm stupid and won't stop surfing the net for another half hour. I really need to be asleep by 10 pm at the latest but it will probably be more like 11:30. Because I'm an idiot and hate myself apparently.

Because it's 9am in my world. :)

4pm here. I'm eating a (very) late lunch and prepping the house for an open house (we're selling the house). There's apparently some important sports final tomorrow so the agent felt no one would come tomorrow, and he's bringing people at 5pm today. I think he just wants to watch the match tomorrow...

• Like 1

1am here right now. Laundry, baking 2round cakes and 1 cupcake, wrapping 2 doz cookies (individually), washing dishes and cleaning the aftermath of baking and decorating cookies today, and the cakes. Now finishing a glass of wine I started 5 hrs ago...and finally heading to bed 😴

• Like 1

Yawn. I want to sleep now (I was up when OP posted, didn't see it though - went to bed shortly after at about 2:25am). I stayed up too late because the kids weren't in bed until almost 10 and I really needed time without the kids. Not entirely sure how it got to be *that* late though - but after 11 I wasn't feeling as tired anymore.