Menu

Zumdahl & Tso

Hi!  I've spent weeks perusing the various postings on choices for Chemistry.  I have a 9th grader who is an excellent math student, and she has zero interest in biology, so we decided to start with Chemistry.  

I have it narrowed down to Tso's "Introductory Chemistry" (4th edition), or Zumdahl's "Chemistry"....the one I see on Amazon is the 7th edition.  I will purchase the Honor's Chemistry Set from Home Scientist.

However, I cannot really figure out from the postings on this site if Zumdahl is considered an 'honors' class or not?  I have looked at the wonderful posting on 'Let's Not Burn the House Down' which includes a lesson plan and lots of resources for using the Zumdahl textbook.  Someone on this site refers to that as an honors class, but it is not listed as an honors textbook under the Chemistry sticky.

I gather the question is the level of math needed for use in the textbook.  Since my daughter loves math, I'd like her to have the chance to use it.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!

• 6 months later...