Menu

The Teachers Lounge 9-27-2016

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Tuesday! The Lounge is now OPEN!

There are some chilled, bottled Frappuccinos in the fridge; help yourself!

Also available are frozen waffles for toasting and a variety of nuts (single serving packets) on the table.

Enjoy!

What's happening in your world today? I let the kids sleep in and it's almost 9am! So, I told them I want them dressed

and breakfasted by 10:15. At 10:30, I expect DD to help her brother with math. After that I'll help her with HER math and 

set him to a reading assignment. Tonight is Bible study and writing time for me.

What's troubling you lately? Here: my son has a skin blemish that has turned into a sore. I've done close to everything I 

can for it and it's still not leaving. I have a couple more tricks up my sleeve before I call the doctor.

Who's still finding it hard to get into a groove for the school year? Me!

Talk to me! :bigear:

Hi ya, Scrap!

What's in my world?  A whole bunch of stress.  Things are going ok but there is just too much of it to go around and not enough sleep to go around.  Added to the usual is a dental appointment for me this morning.

Troubling me?  Ds is not doing as well in college pre-calculus as I'd like and we're running into some aspie rigidity with regard to the problem.  Not a huge problem or anything but a trend that I don't like to see.

School Groove?  Amazingly, that is the one thing that is going well. 

• Like 1

What's in my world? This evening I have to make up a batch of review sheets for DD for MOTL.

Troubling me? DD's anxiety is very high and she didn't complete all her review sheets this last week.

School Groove? DD hasn't got one. She likes her enrichment program, except for Monday afternoon aerobics, and her community classes, but she detests what I have her doing at home: STEPS and Creative Writer. But, they are at least mostly getting done. She's plodding forward in math mostly, too.

I decided since today is a bit overcast and not as hot as it has been, I'm sending the kids on a walk for lunch. There's a convenience store about a half mile away and they can 

use the exercise, even with tae kwon do lessons happening tonight. May not get math done with DD but will get to other things, hopefully. Still need to get this blasted whiteboard

hung. Anyone want to help me?

Closing the Lounge early today. It's quiet and I think I may still have whatever it was I had this weekend.

Every half hour or so I get really hot. At least it feels that way internally although outwardly I seem to be fine.

No other symptoms but nothing seems to help cool me down except sitting still. Can't do THAT all day! Oi!

Off to do whatever I need to do, try to get better, and find that elusive groove!

Good night!