Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I am flying out for a funeral on Wednesday, so since tomorrow is the last full school day we will have this week, we need to try to get in some extra work. Plus drive down to the town south of here for music lessons tomorrow afternoon. And pack, and pick up some easy-prep foods for dh and the kids while I'm gone. And figure out what to do about my textbooks that still haven't arrived, and how to do my Wednesday assignment for my class without books!

And I need to shear my angora rabbit for the first time, and make her a coat. I would leave it until I get back, but she is in full coat and we are having unseasonably hot weather, so I'm worried about her overheating.

Edited by La Condessa
  • Like 5

Woke up 15 yo early to do her Bio.  She just can't keep up with her work load without losing sleep at some point during the week.

To do:

Feed and comfort 15 yo while she works

shower before workmen get here

Take her to her Bio class

Make sure 17 yo is up and working on his gov't homework

Take him to his gov't class

Possibly walk with the other ladies at the co-op

Work on my own studies

Vet comes for check up

Figure out what's for dinner

Take 15 yo to youth group and 17 yo to chamber orch practice

Watch little guy for his mom while she's in English class

Somehow get everyone picked up and home.  Haven't quite figured that one out.

• Like 4

La Condessa, I'm sorry you have a funeral to attend.

Good morning! I took my nephew back yesterday. Next month, I go to TN to keep him. Dd called called during the debate and ended up keeping me on the phone until 1:30 AM!  

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

coffee

gathered art supplies for book club

To Do:

more coffee

breakfast

shower/get dressed

neighbor bringing her boys for most of the day

school

make blueberry corn cakes to take to book club

lunch

book club

swim

dinner

• Like 3

Ack, it's Tuesday already?!  This is our "outside activities" day.

Breakfast

Write out a list of kids' independent work for today

9th grader volunteers at pit bull rescue

Gymnastics

Lunch

Baby takes a nap - yay!

Let the kids play outside

Read-alouds

Ballet

Dinner

Go for a walk

• Like 2

This is our outside activity day, too. :)

Breakfast
Basic schoolwork (math, science, etc.)

Library hour

Lunch

Nap for two children, violin practice & history work for another

Park day

Free play at home

TV time so I can do meal prep

Dinner

Bath for 6yo

Scout meeting for oldest - I'll drop him off, go to the other library, and then come back to get him

Shower and bed for the rest of us.

• Like 2

Good morning! Dd2 off to school, with a new crack in her phone screen. She is just glad she has the phone; it fell out of the car at 5:15 am at the pool. Ds2 is up already to do some work, he is heading to aikido at noon for a special class. Ds3 will be getting up soon; he has tons of work to do!

To do:

school with boys

daily chores

other chores (vacuum, dust, etc)

take ds3 to tennis lesson

PM practice swim/swim

judo (dh's turn)

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Good morning!

We got a slow start because I let kids sleep in. They have seemd tired lately and today was a good catch-up day.

school

lunch here with my mom

Ds goes to neighbors to sell popcorn?

practice putting up our new tent

long phone call with a friend

library

dinner- sloppy joes, cheesy cauliflower, salad

• Like 3

I didn't do much "work" yet.

I did some housework.  Caught up the laundry, got the kitchen in shape, cleared some clutter.  Found something moldy [cloth] and tried to salvage it.

Fixed a dresser drawer.

Looked into some volunteer opportunities.  I think I have a plan for Sundays.

Tried to eat right.

Did a few stretches.

Read a chapter or two.

This afternoon I am not going to do what was on my list above (TKD or dog walking), but I think I'll take the kids to the rec center so they can swim while I walk.  Assuming they don't have too much homework.

• Like 2

Dentist done.  Tomorrow I"m going to pay out of pocket for sealants because that  will be cheaper and better for me in the long run. 

library done

pharmacy #1 done (have to do the other pharmacy run later since it is in the opposite direction)

grocery store done

dd has done only one subject so far because she got confused while I was gone and did the wrong assignment. 

A pretty stressful day is now done.  I had the dentist in the morning.  No cavities but my jaw and tmj just aches from being open so wide for so long.  I have to go back tomorrow morning for sealant - something I'm paying for out of pocket because I figured out that it is cheaper to just pay for that than potential cavities in my molars.

Dd's school is getting harder - for me!  I am going to have to start cracking the books here so that I can explain things adequately.  Just having a sense of what the correct answer is, will not cut it. 

The disability office at the college messed up an appointment - again.  I'm a bit ticked that they have EF problems that keep them from being able to help the very students that they are supposed to help.  Ds ended up getting another appointment but had to cancel his work this afternoon in order to keep it.  Fortunately his work is flexible and very nice about things like this.

• Like 1

Went to Walmart after all. Got a cot for this weekend's camping trip. 

Buster got a fishing pole with money he earned.  :thumbup1:

I have a boatload to do before we leave Friday for camping. Tomorrow may just be a super short school day, (math, writing and piano), so that we can run errands and be ready. How does a two night camp-out where I don't even have to plan meals become so much work?!  ;)

• Like 1