Menu

"This is Us " Could have spoilers.

Miss Peregrine

Ok, spoiler question below.

I've seen a million commercials for this show but didn't watch. Was the one character expecting triplets? And delivering vaginally??

Ok, spoiler question below.

I've seen a million commercials for this show but didn't watch. Was the one character expecting triplets? And delivering vaginally??

Yes, but in an interesting twist, there is a very good reason for that that will totally make sense to you by the end.

• Like 3

I loved it.   I didn't predict the twist at the end, and I thought it was great.   I cried, just like every episode of Parenthood!  

I liked that the overweight actress was actually overweight, as opposed to Hollywood overweight.   And, that she struggled in a way that any of us who have tried to lose any amount of weight could identify with.

I feel like it would have made a better movie in some ways.   I don't see how they can keep coming up with "exciting twists" like the first episode, and I can also see logistics related to telling all the stories becoming annoying after awhile.

Edited by Zebra
  • Like 2

You people!!!

I watched it and liked it. I will ask DH to watch it too. Will the 1st episode still be available before E02 airs tonight? I set the DVR to record the series.

I loved the first epi. Didn't predict the twist at all. I hope I don't lose interest. I like what a PP said: it would be a good movie. Not sure this can be a long-running show, but what do I know? 

I never saw Parenthood. Should I? 

Edited by Angie in VA

I kind of liked the second episode ending for its realism. People make promises they don't keep and you have to deal with the fallout from that. The "big 3" chant thing felt a little forced and unnatural to me, but overall I liked it. As the resident fat girl in the room, I identified strongly with how she felt at the party.

I do wonder what the one brother meant when he said "I've been meaning to call you since, you know, everything went down." There's definitely a huge story there to be told.

• Like 1

I watched it and really like the show.   Since she still had on the moon necklace, I jumped to a death which lead to the adopted child's need to find his biological father.   I wouldn't think she would still wear the necklace if they had a divorce.

Do think there is a  backstory between the two brothers.  

It is an interesting story.

• Like 6

Spoiler Alert!!!!!

I watched it and really like the show. Since she still had on the moon necklace, I jumped to a death which lead to the adopted child's need to find his biological father. I wouldn't think she would still wear the necklace if they had a divorce.

Do think there is a backstory between the two brothers.

I also thought death because of the necklace.

I also wonder why Kate is on the West Coast with Kevin. Especially since in the first episode, she told him she wanted a "real career." Now it sounds like Kevin will be near his family if he heads to New York for his career. So Kate will be the only one far away.

Definitely potential for quite a few interesting stories.

• Like 2

I watched it and really like the show.   Since she still had on the moon necklace, I jumped to a death which lead to the adopted child's need to find his biological father.   I wouldn't think she would still wear the necklace if they had a divorce.

Do think there is a  backstory between the two brothers.  

Spoiler Alert!!!!!

I also thought death because of the necklace.

I also wonder why Kate is on the West Coast with Kevin. Especially since in the first episode, she told him she wanted a "real career." Now it sounds like Kevin will be near his family if he heads to New York for his career. So Kate will be the only one far away.

Definitely potential for quite a few interesting stories.

SPOILERS:

I was looking at the makeup to make the grandparents look older and missed the fact that it wasn't their dad! Dh had to tell me. I thought the same thing about the moon necklace (that the dad has died). 

Yes, something between the boys and more than the Webster stuff. I too wonder why Kate is on the left coast. They grew up in Pittsburgh, right?

I want Kate and Toby together. 

I am glad it's moving to 9pm. 

• Like 1

Anyone watch the 2nd episode? They did it again! Another twist!

I thought the twist in the first episode was just to get the show going with an interesting start. I wasn't expecting anymore surprises!

I know! I was watching it at like 2:30am this morning because I couldn't sleep and I had to rewind and replay the last few minutes because I thought my tired self was seeing things!

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't get that. I thought c/s was the norm.

It wasn't always the norm for twins or even triplets. There was a time when OBs were trained to do more than cut a woman for every single thing not a straight forward singleton head down delivery and viewed cesarean as a major surgerical event to be avoided if possible. Sadly, the art of actual obstetrics and midwifery has died due to litigation fears and lack of passing on knowledge, leaving most obstetricians trained almost exclusively as surgeons.

But yeah, NOW if you so much as go cross eyed they go for a cesarean.

• Like 2

that made me sad though.

I don't know enough to be sad yet.

Spoiler:

She is still wearing his necklace and the family talks about Dad in positive light but PAST tense, so for all we know, her first husband died and she eventually bonded with this other man who loved him and was a family friend. It happens and really wouldn't surprise me much if that's the case.

Off topic...

I watched two episodes of parenthood and HATED it. If this goes that direction, I'm out.

Aside from the "everything went down" comment, there was also the comment when they were talking in the bathroom, and Kate (or was it Kevin) said "You're all I have now," which leads me to believe something BIG happened with Randall.

I agree that the father probably passed away; I didn't notice the moon necklace at first, but that does make sense. I'm not sure how long ago, though. Randall's kids call the two of them "Grandma and Grandpa" when they answered the door, so it seems as though it may have been quite a while if they've come to think of Miguel as Grandpa.

• Like 4

Aside from the "everything went down" comment, there was also the comment when they were talking in the bathroom, and Kate (or was it Kevin) said "You're all I have now," which leads me to believe something BIG happened with Randall.

I agree that the father probably passed away; I didn't notice the moon necklace at first, but that does make sense. I'm not sure how long ago, though. Randall's kids call the two of them "Grandma and Grandpa" when they answered the door, so it seems as though it may have been quite a while if they've come to think of Miguel as Grandpa.

I'm really hoping the father passed away. And that It didn't involve alcoholism. But maybe that's too wishful.

I also think something big happened between Randall and Kevin. It's quite obvious that their relationship is tense, but that the relationship between Kate and Randall isn't.

I also think something big happened between Randall and Kevin. It's quite obvious that their relationship is tense, but that the relationship between Kate and Randall isn't.

This was the clue I mentioned upthread. In E01 you see Randall's emails. He clicks on the unread one "Good News" which is that the detective found his bio father. But if you pause it, there is one that was read already that's from Kevin and says, "It's our birthday, Bro". I didn't see any email from Kate, but she was effusive when Kevin was on the phone with Randall in E02. Maybe she called him and I'm reading too much into it. Wait, of course I am, lol! I have PMO = Post Movie Obsession. Happened when I saw Frances Foster Jenkins with a friend. I read about her for hours the next day.

Loved the writing when Mom tells Dad to stop messing up their score. 

Edited by Angie in VA
  • Like 2