Menu

Low cost online homeschool program K-12

Good day all,

I'm from Vietnam. It's my pleasure to join this group & I need your kind help

I'm finding a low cost online homeschool program K-12 for my children.

I knew Acellus academy program with cost : about USd30/month but I not like the program as it's old

Could you suggest me some low cost program which is fully accredited & good information?

It's good if I can buy teacher account which can create other students 

Thanks for all

Jenny Chu

Edited by Jenny Chu
  • Like 1

Hello Jenny: I am bumping this thread for you.  IMO, you probably will not be able to find a program that "is fully accredited" for USD$30 monthly.  However, it may be possible for you  to Home School your children for that. There are probably threads (and Pinned threads) on WTM  suggesting ways to do that.   Are you in the USA or in Vietnam? If you are in the USA, it will be much easier for you to get materials inexpensively.  

• Like 1

Either way, your question is a pretty complex one and I assume that is why you haven't received many answers yet.

:iagree:   Is there a specific reason you are looking for an accredited, online program?  Do you need one to satisfy the homeschool laws where you live?  There are a few posters on this forum who use online programs, but most people here follow The Well-trained Mind, buy a curriculum or piece one together themselves.  

• Like 1

Hi,

Are you looking for an online learning program specifically, or an "umbrella school" that serves as a record-keeping facility to you and provides you with proof that your children are enrolled in a school? Either way, your question is a pretty complex one and I assume that is why you haven't received many answers yet.

There is such a thing as online public school (Google "Connexions Academy" for instance), and this is free for US residents/citizens, but I'm not sure if it is open to people in other countries and if it is, it certainly won't be free and probably won't be cheap either. There are also umbrella schools, such as HomeLife Academy, which offer friendly prices and welcome people from all over the world, however, they do not provide teaching materials; their purpose is to be a record-keeping facility for you, to offer a diploma, and to provide proof of enrollment where you need that for legal purposes. You might submit an educational plan, so they know what you are doing, but you will have to source your own teaching materials. (HLA concretely is a member of some Christian Schools' associations and is recognized as a private school in four US states I think.) Then, there are more involved homeschool programs such as Clonlara (certainly not the only one), which is accredited by I think three different bodies, but certainly isn't cheap. Oh, and there are places where you can order "boxed curricula" or follow a program, everything you need to teach for one year, but that are not "schools". You could, say, follow the curriculum offered by Ambleside Online, which is offered at no cost but you still need to buy the actual books they suggest, but that does not cover you in terms of your children being enrolled in a school officially.

Either way, you're likely to get either the teaching materials and some form of accreditation, or the cheap price, but not both in one. There are more options for high school but you asked for a K-12 program.

No those programs are not even free to all US residents/citizens.  They are only free if you live in a state that pays for them.  So the state I live in doesn't so I'd have to pay full price (which is quite expensive).

• Like 2

There were several christian ones a few years ago. Then there are ones like K12 international school (not cheap) or Laurel Springs which is only online after a certain grade level (can't remember when that starts). That is more reasonable then K12 but not what I would consider "reasonable". Then there is something like Freedom Project Academy, where it isn't completely online, but is taught online. It would have your children doing school at weird hours though considering where you are living. I consider this priced reasonably but I wasn't sure the program was right for my son.