Menu

Portland Oregon. Favorite restaurant in the general area?

Tap

My birthday is coming up and I want to go to dinner someplace new.  Do you have a favorite restaurant in the Portland Oregon or Vancouver Washington areas? It doesn't have to be fancy, just not over $100 for 4 people (no alcohol).  Any ideas? 

We usually go to Gustavs/Reinlander, or McGraths because we know we can all find something there we like.  

We visited Portland this summer, and this was our favorite place we tried.

http://www.porquenotacos.com/

We weren't sure about getting Mexican food in Oregon because we are from Texas, but this place had high ratings, so we tried. Yummy. There was a line, and it is a small place, and the parking was mostly parallel street parking. It wasn't a super fancy place either - more a family restaurant - or at least it was at the time we were there. The kids have talked about it several times since we came back. They want to go again.

I hope you find a fun place to celebrate your birthday!

• Like 1

Sin ju in the pearl is my fav Japanese restaurant. You could eat there in your budget, but it on depends what you order. There is a second sin ju in tualatin.

The jory in newberg is my fav fancy restaurant, but it will put you over your spending limit.

I used to work at the Allison Inn. I never got to eat at Jory, because they only let employees eat at certain times. It is worth going to the Allison to see the amazing landscaping... but two people would have a hard time eating there for under a hundred dollars, I might think.

• Like 1

I used to work at the Allison Inn. I never got to eat at Jory, because they only let employees eat at certain times. It is worth going to the Allison to see the amazing landscaping... but two people would have a hard time eating there for under a hundred dollars, I might think.

You can if you eat in the lounge area with 2 people off the bar menu. For four I agree...there is no way to stay under a hundred. That is why I said it was out of the budget.

I love that place though, the grounds are beautiful. My DH and I go there as a cheap date. You can go when they have music in the lounge and sit by the fire and play board games (that you bring). We just get dessert and usually can do it for about $25. We walk the grounds before it gets dark and then come inside. 

• Like 2