Menu

Looking for a unique watercolor painting gift to send abroad.

J-rap

I need to send a Christmas box already next month to my dd who is living far away...  She loves water color painting in her spare time and I'd love to get her a unique gift that isn't too heavy (postage is expensive across the ocean).  I can always just send her paints and a small sketch book, but am looking for something a little more unique.

• Like 1

Brushes, especially high end? I know paper would be heavy; is there a store near where she lives to which you can send a gift card? (We did that for my oldest when she was in art college. She had a favorite store and we always got her some credit there.)

Access to online video classes?

There's no art store there, but an online video class is a fun idea -- thanks!

I need to send a Christmas box already next month to my dd who is living far away...  She loves water color painting in her spare time and I'd love to get her a unique gift that isn't too heavy (postage is expensive across the ocean).  I can always just send her paints and a small sketch book, but am looking for something a little more unique.

BookDepository has free shipping to nearly every country worldwide.

I like this one: An Illustrated Journey by Danny Gregory

or perhaps Chinese Brush Painting

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

Not exactly what you are looking for but my dd who loves art asked for this for Christmas last year.

https://www.amazon.com/Sakura-XNCW-24N-Assorted-Watercolors-Sketch/dp/B001OVG40E/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QY67XX4S98NZJRB5K1AS

It was the biggest hit ever! She takes it with her in her college backpack and when she has a free moment she stops and paints something. Dinner and there is a mariachi band? Paint them. Sitting between classes? Paint someone fishing at the college lake.  

• Like 1

What about looking at etsy sellers in the area your dd lives and having it shipped directly there?  There's gotta be some cool stuff for an artist on etsy :)

Edited by WendyAndMilo

A couple more promising items available from BookDepository (free worldwide shipping):

Studio Series Artist's Tile Set: White : 75 Acid-Free White Tiles  (she could make small watercolors as gifts)

Studio Series Colored Micro-Line Pen Set (Set of 7)  (who wouldn't like these?)

On the non-art front, does she have friends with whom she can play games?

Pirate Fluxx Card Game (there are many other versions)

Ingenious Board Game

ETA: Spyfall Card Game

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

BookDepository has free shipping to nearly every country worldwide.

I like this one: An Illustrated Journey by Danny Gregory

or perhaps Chinese Brush Painting

Regards,

Kareni

This is great -- I haven't heard of BookDepository.  Thank you!  Also, I LOVE the books you recommended.  In fact, I think I also want to give the first one to another dd, who may be doing a study abroad (and also loves art!).

• Like 1

Not exactly what you are looking for but my dd who loves art asked for this for Christmas last year.

https://www.amazon.com/Sakura-XNCW-24N-Assorted-Watercolors-Sketch/dp/B001OVG40E/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_t_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QY67XX4S98NZJRB5K1AS

It was the biggest hit ever! She takes it with her in her college backpack and when she has a free moment she stops and paints something. Dinner and there is a mariachi band? Paint them. Sitting between classes? Paint someone fishing at the college lake.  

What a great idea, and I'm pretty sure I want to get this!  Thanks.  :)

A couple more promising items available from BookDepository (free worldwide shipping):

Studio Series Artist's Tile Set: White : 75 Acid-Free White Tiles  (she could make small watercolors as gifts)

Studio Series Colored Micro-Line Pen Set (Set of 7)  (who wouldn't like these?)

On the non-art front, does she have friends with whom she can play games?

Pirate Fluxx Card Game (there are many other versions)

Ingenious Board Game

ETA: Spyfall Card Game

Regards,

Kareni

I still can't believe I haven't heard of that BookDepository site!  I love those Artist's Tiles, and they're a great price too!  

My dd does love games so I'll have to check them out.  She lives in a very small town in a remote rural area, so I'd think something like these would be fun.  :)

• Like 1

I still can't believe I haven't heard of that BookDepository site!  I love those Artist's Tiles, and they're a great price too!  

My dd does love games so I'll have to check them out.  She lives in a very small town in a remote rural area, so I'd think something like these would be fun.   :)

My daughter is living and working in South Korea, so BookDepository has become our friend.  Like you, I'm well aware of how costly it is to mail things overseas.

Another company we like is iherb.com which we use to ship food items as well as some toiletries.  You'll want to look at their shipping page to determine what the rates are to your daughter's current location.  For South Korea, we can ship up to fifteen pounds of their items for $4.00. 

Examples of items, we've purchased ~

organic peanut butter

lavender shampoo

chocolate chips

jelly beans

peach tea

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1