Menu

It's moving day...

PeachyDoodle

And things are not starting off well.

I've been up since 2:30 a.m. I was wired and couldn't go back to sleep no matter what I tried. It's now 5:50 a.m. and I feel like I could sleep for a week. But now I have to be up in 40 minutes anyway.

In an effort to do something productive that wouldn't wake the whole house, I unloaded the dishwasher. Only to discover after I'd finished that it hadn't run when I turned it on (soap packet still in the dispenser). So I took everything back out of the cabinets and re-loaded it. Except, of course, for all the dirty dishes in the sink that now won't fit in the dishwasher.

Sigh.

To top it off, this was a forced move, which we did not want, and our new situation is only temporary. So I get to do this all over again in a few months. Yay.

I hate moving! And insomnia! AND dishwashers that don't run (although I'd have assumed the soap dispenser just didn't open and have trusted that hot water alone did the job).

I've been fighting insomnia recently... Space the coffees out and keep them coming. That and the adrenalin should get you through the day. Stop the coffee by at least 3pm though, or you won't sleep!

Good luck with moving day - it's been 6 happy years since we moved, but we're in the process of selling our house, so I know it's coming around again.

• Like 1

This too shall pass, as they say. Moving days are my own personal hell, then add on top of it family members with anxiety / panic and problems with last minute second guessers and like I said... It's hell... But we all survive it one way or another... Good luck!

:grouphug:

Edited by Shred Betty
  • Like 1

Checking in to see how it went.  Hoping it was easier than foreseen.

Your post brought back memories of our moving day a year ago.  While packing our house, we moved our iron bed into the middle of the room, to do some wall repair before moving day.  In the middle of the night, I got up to go to the bathroom.  I walked out of the bathroom, in the pitch dark, and dropped my phone (I sleep with it, as I read on the kindle, but no idea why I was carrying it around).  I bent to pick it up and WHAM!  I hit the corner of the iron bed.  With my nose.  No kidding - I saw stars.  DH got up, I was holding my nose, then the blood started.  Oh my.  So... It was broken.  Very broken.  :(  The ER doc sent me to an ENT, and my actual appt with the ENT was smack in the middle of Moving Day.  Aaaaack!  Yep, I left the movers, and went to have my nose reset.  Horrible experience!