Menu

A math contest [Enigma - Edfinity]

epi

DS qualified for round 2! I'm kinda surprised, as I had watched him miss a couple of questions.

We never heard back about his scores from round 1, so I figured that was that. What a nice surprise. He is very pleased with himself. :)

Any other WTM kids get invites today?

• Like 1

We didn't enroll this time because of the proctor logistics. But FWIW the Round 2 invitation emails from last time said qualification is for "top 30% of performers".

I like this competition but the logistics don't work for us. There are plenty of other competitions these days, so we can select.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the boy to work with his daddy to do the round 2 challenges under the supervision of someone in the office.  I got an email from just now saying: "Mum, I did it!  I worked to the very last second, but I did it!"  I think I'll take from that that he enjoyed it.  How long for results, does anyone know?

• Like 3

Good job, Grover's LO!

I think results are out shortly after the close of the comp.

We have a supervisor organised for tomorrow. I don't think DS will do spectacularly (he's used to team-solving where I scribe), but it's cool that he made it this far. Will be interesting to see how well our work with BA and mathy games translates to exam conditions.

Good job, Grover's LO!

I think results are out shortly after the close of the comp.

We have a supervisor organised for tomorrow. I don't think DS will do spectacularly (he's used to team-solving where I scribe), but it's cool that he made it this far. Will be interesting to see how well our work with BA and mathy games translates to exam conditions.

I'm going to be interested too - DS Is my independent math kid now, Life of Fred + Khan.  I don't think I've directly *taught* him maths for a year or more... some times he brings me something to talk through, but mostly he explores on his own.  So no idea how this will go for him!

I have one supervisor for tomorrow for the math and another for Thursday for the algorithms. This is his first math competition so he's excited. I think we heard about it on this forum just days before round 1 deadline. So thanks!

I was a meanie and made him do both today, one after the other.  His dad says he was tired by the end.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Certificates just came through on email (literally just now) - it says results are online, but DS says not on his account yet.

ETA: now that I read for comprehension, it says resluts for CAT will be online in the next week or so

Edited by Grover