Menu

Henle Second Year Latin, new study guide

Hello all,

I have written a study guide to all the lessons (1-32) in Henle Second Year Latin. It has detailed guidance to the syntax of the lessons and exercises; supplementary explanations about various topics (the gerundive, the subjunctive, helps for reading Latin, pronunciation and accent placement, why we study Caesar); extra background information for the short readings and sayings; references to the relevant items in the Henle Grammar; nine exams on the lessons, one exam on pronunciation, and exam answer key. (A companion guide to the readings from the Gallic War -- and the Christian Latin section -- will be ready by December. It will include historical background information.)

Please have a look at my website to see excerpts from different lessons and read my essay Why Caesar?  You can email me at magistra@secondyearlatin.com.

Thank you.
Bonnie

SecondYearLatin.com

• Like 1

So this is not actually the study guide to take a look at, but an ad for the study guide, it seems. It's difficult to see how each lesson would work, with just pieces of different lessons instead of one whole lesson.

Edited by reefgazer
  • Like 1

I am sorry that the excerpts from throughout the lessons were not helpful to you. I have had many parents who said that they preferred excerpts from various lessons covering many concepts, rather than seeing a page from only one lesson, which, of course, tends to focus on one construct of syntax. I am inundated with getting orders out now, but I  will consider putting up a page from one lesson next week. Thank you for your suggestion.

Bonnie

secondyearlatin.com

• Like 1

I would be interested in this, because DD will be transitioning to this shortly , but it's too little information for me to make a choice. It is important to me to see how the whole lesson works. I do see your point about parents wanting to see several lessons, in which case it might be helpful to post maybe two lessons.

I am sorry that the excerpts from throughout the lessons were not helpful to you. I have had many parents who said that they preferred excerpts from various lessons covering many concepts, rather than seeing a page from only one lesson, which, of course, tends to focus on one construct of syntax. I am inundated with getting orders out now, but I will consider putting up a page from one lesson next week. Thank you for your suggestion.

Bonnie

secondyearlatin.com

Edited by reefgazer