Menu

Please explain how Lularoe works.

Beaniemom

I recently saw someone wearing very cute dresses and skirts and she let me know they were from Lularoe. I know that Lularoe is a direct sales type operation but unlike with other organizations of this type (31, pampered chef, Usborne) I could not find anywhere on their website that offered a purchase option. When I clicked "shop" it showed me lovely puctures and gave descriptions but did not show the array of patterns available. I dislike "party" shopping for clothes. Is that the only option for this? How exactly does it work?

I've bought LuLaRoe only off of online Facebook parties.  I am a member of about 20 groups now so almost anytime I have  desire to shop I can.  It is a mix - you never know what patterns you'll see.  My dd and I love the stuff we've bought from LuLaRoe though and they're nice quality.  I am also normally not huge on party sales stuff.  But I hate shopping for clothes in general in person.

If you were a member of FB, I'm sure plenty of people could send you links!

Each consultant buys clothes at a wholesale cost from the company, but has no say in the patterns that she gets.  Only the styles and sizes.  They usually host in home parties renamed pop up boutiques or post to albums on their Facebook sales page or a multi consultant deal that they join.

If you browse Facebook on a computer go to the consultant's sales page and find where they post pictures, they generally put albums of each style.

I like the clothing OK, but I hate that they all have to be handwashed or delicate washed and laid flat to dry.

• Like 2

LOL!  I'm not obsessed by any stretch and I definitely wash mine in the washer.  I wash inside out on delicate and hang dry.  I don't care if they break down faster honestly.  Hand wash is not in my vocab.  

But I definitely have come across people that seem cult like about it!  :lol:  I haven't seen people collecting and not wearing though?  That's really weird.

Edited by WoolySocks
  • Like 1

I wanted to love LLR- I mean it's essentially cute pjs that you can wear around and look cute right? Buuuut:

1. Their sizing is weird. You might be a large in one shirt and a small in another. Very weird.

2. The stuff is more delicate than I want for everyday clothes.

3. The patterns and colors don't always work. For example if I get a navy patterned leggings and then buy a separate navy top the navy colors won't necessarily match.

4. Biggest issue- I don't find most of their stuff very flattering. I love the look of a tunic and leggings or pencil skirt but for some reason theirs aren't flattering on me.

5. No refunds. Someone else mentioned this but it really bothers me. If I'm buying clothes on line I want to be confident that I can return it (in a reasonable times) for a full refund. This is why I don't shop zulilly. I like to return if I don't love

6. Consultants vary WIDELY!! Some are good. Some are not.

• Like 2