Menu

Youtube videos, American history

I am looking for some fairly brief, 10-20 min video snippets to enhance our American history studies. I looked at crash course and I liked it ok but some of the content was not appropriate for all ages in our house and the fast talking I think would lose some of my kids. Any other suggestions?

Not youtube, but the Story of Us is excellent as far as capturing interest. Ugh, it used to be on Amazon Prime Video, not you have to pay for it. Episodes are about 40 minutes. Might be violent though for a young kid. We used it in I think 5th grade or so. 

Not youtube, but the Story of Us is excellent as far as capturing interest. Ugh, it used to be on Amazon Prime Video, not you have to pay for it. Episodes are about 40 minutes. Might be violent though for a young kid. We used it in I think 5th grade or so.

Thank you. The DVD set is only $7.50. While I much prefer streaming, this is too god a dealt to pass up.

• Like 1

I am looking for some fairly brief, 10-20 min video snippets to enhance our American history studies. I looked at crash course and I liked it ok but some of the content was not appropriate for all ages in our house and the fast talking I think would lose some of my kids. Any other suggestions?

Not sure what age range you're looking for, but youtube also has video series by Tom Richey and Keith Hughes, both high school history teachers.  We prefer Tom Richey, but Hughes has a ton of videos.

• Like 1