Menu

Gene Wilder

Faithr

I always had a crush on him.  He always seemed so funny, gentle and kind.  And goofy.  So sweetly goofy.  It is funny how some celebrities's passing hit you harder than others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/gene-wilder-actor-known-for-nimble-comic-portrayals-of-neurotics-dies-at-83/2016/08/29/1fc937f2-6e1e-11e6-8533-6b0b0ded0253_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

• Like 2

I always had a crush on him.  He always seemed so funny, gentle and kind.  And goofy.  So sweetly goofy.  It is funny how some celebrities's passing hit you harder than others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/gene-wilder-actor-known-for-nimble-comic-portrayals-of-neurotics-dies-at-83/2016/08/29/1fc937f2-6e1e-11e6-8533-6b0b0ded0253_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Yes, his death hit me hard because my dad loved him so much and I miss my dad so much (he died almost two years ago).  My dad loved Gene Wilder's movies.  He would laugh so hard he would have tears rolling down his face.  

One thing that really bothers me, and maybe I'm completely wrong about this, is that so many people are saying Gene Wilder is with Gilda Radner now and that she was his one true love.  No one that I've seen has acknowledged that he remarried two years after Gilda Radner died and was married to that wife until he died 25 years later.  It seems disrespectful to me, but maybe I'm being oversensitive.  

• Like 5

Yes, his death hit me hard because my dad loved him so much and I miss my dad so much (he died almost two years ago).  My dad loved Gene Wilder's movies.  He would laugh so hard he would have tears rolling down his face.  

One thing that really bothers me, and maybe I'm completely wrong about this, is that so many people are saying Gene Wilder is with Gilda Radner now and that she was his one true love.  No one that I've seen has acknowledged that he remarried two years after Gilda Radner died and was married to that wife until he died 25 years later.  It seems disrespectful to me, but maybe I'm being oversensitive.  

I actually read Gilda Radner's memoirs and I wish I hadn't it.  She was a bit of a mess.  But I loved her as a performer too.  I thought she was a scream.

People say dopey sentimental things.  I am sorry for his widow especially since she hung in there during the Alzheimer years. 

• Like 3

Ahh, my dh and dd knew of this and I only learned about this at dinner just a couple of hours ago.  Wearing a smile as I remember him.

He was talented!  Had a special gift.  As did Robin Williams, Jonathan Winters, Johnny Carson and so many others.

Blazing Saddles cracked me up!  

I think it is because Radner was the most famous of his wives. 

My first thoughts were how awful. My father loved him. Then my next thought was, I hope this isn't one of those 3 death things. :( Though I know celebrity deaths normally happen in 3's. :(

PS Did you see that someone said on the boy (man) who played Charlie in Charlie in the chocolate factory wikipedia page, that his occupation is inherited the candy factory. :(

Edited by 3 ladybugs