Menu

Printing Math Mammoth

alisoncooks

Tell me I'm doing something wrong, please!

I did a "dry run" of ordering Math Mammoth printed/bound from both Staples and Office Depot.  On both websites the total came to well over $100, just for book A.  Does this sound right?   :scared:

If you use MM, do you print it at home or take it somewhere?  

Do you remember what it cost?

I print MM (primarily in B&W) at home and bind it with a proclick.

But, I just priced printing MM 1A on the Staples website and it came to $16ish for B&W and $60ish for color, both bound with either coil or comb.

Wendy

I do this too, print it myself on a b&w laser printer, bind with pro-click.

We have also used on iPad, with Notability.

I order mine at a local print shop and it's generally $12-$14 for A or B. I did find out that when ordering online, if I am choosing double-sided printing, I need to select half the number of pages that the workbook has because the cost estimate goes by number of paper sheets, rather then printed pages, if that makes sense. Might make a difference.

ETA: I only print b&w.

Edited by indigoellen@gmail.com

I print mine through Best Value Copy each year.  I print in color, coil or wire bound, with a plastic cover and vinyl back, for much less than what I could get it for somewhere local.  I wish I didn't have to pay for shipping, but even then, it's much less.  I could save more money by printing in B&W, but it makes it seem like more of a "real book" to me & my kids in color, so I splurge on that.  There are coupon codes for your first order, something like 50 free color or b&w pages.  

• Like 1

I print it at home, then take it to a local copy shop and have it spiral bound. I just use my color ink jet printer and really cheap, generic ink. There is incredibly cheap ink available for my printer on Amazon: $17 for three cartridges of EACH color! I would never, ever pay for someone else to print it out since the per page cost for full color printing is quite expensive. I prefer print it at home at a negligible cost and pay $1.99 at the copy shop to have it bound. 

I print at home, duplex in b/w with a laser printer. On the rare occasion that color is necessary I just color the critical item with a colored pencil. I pro click using a fun folder as a cover. If you want it to look more fun, you could also print with a b/w laser onto colored paper. That is still way cheaper than printing in color if you get a sizable stock of colored paper at a back to school sale.

I upload it to bestvaluecopy.com and have it printed in color, spiral bound, with a clear front and vinyl back -- about $30/$35 a year. The books from rainbow are not in color, so I prefer to print myself.

Rr does carry the colored version now. I think it is new this year.

• Like 3

I think if you're doing MM with a single kid, getting the print copies is a better deal... if you can also get the answer key as a pdf... I can't remember how that works, but I feel like you can do that somehow.

At one point, I was printing the whole thing and binding it. But then we kind of got less formal about it and I would just print a chapter or even just twenty pages or so and staple them. Just as needed. Because that way I didn't have to worry about those times we skipped pages or needed to redo pages... I was just printing on the fly. We did MEP the same way when we switched. I think it's just better that way, honestly. I know it's not pinterest worthy like proclick or whatever.

I print at home or the office in black and white. I don't do duplex because my kids use the back sides for extra work space or doodles. We've never missed the color! I either Proclick by the chapter or hole punch and stick it in a binder by the chapter. Last two years were Proclick; this year I'm back to a regular three ring binder. I'd buy a good black and white laser printer if you don't have one instead of getting it done elsewhere, and I definitely wouldn't get all 200-300 pages bound in one chunk! You'll be lugging around a phone book.