Menu

Fitness Tracker that is not FitBit?

JudoMom

I'm over FitBit.  The band on my first Charge came unglued from the tracker and cracked after 8 months.  They sent me a replacement, no hassle.  I was happy.  Then the replacement they sent stopped holding a charge after less than 4 months of use.  They looked at my device information and told me I was correct (it'll sometimes hold a charge for about a week, and other times it holds a charge for less than 24 hours).  They'll only offer me 25% off purchasing another product.  I had planned on upgrading to a Blaze, but I'm not giving them any more of my business because I would expect them to think they're device should last at least a year without issues.

So, if you have a tracker that is not FitBit, what do you have and do you love it?

Misfit. I've owned the Shine and the Ray and loved them both. A big part of my decision was that you don't have to recharge the batteries every few days, you replace them every few months. I've just never been impressed with the lifespan of any rechargeable battery, so I didn't want to deal with that hassle. I feel like Misfit products are well made and do what they claim they'll do without hassles. And their customer service is excellent on the off chance you'll need it.

https://misfit.com

• Like 2

I use an app on my cell phone, because it's easy to take with me and I don't want to wear a watch and I know that I'll lose a clip on.  Or it will constantly flap annoyingly.

The app is Fit.

It's free.

It counts steps, minutes of exercise of various types, and calories expended (estimated).  No heart rate or sleep information though.  But it's enough for me for right now.

I got it by accident--was given a Google watch, and this is the fitness app that it syncs to, so I had to put it on my phone as well.  The watch used way too much data, so I stopped using it, and then realized some time later that the phone was collecting the same information, something I had not realized (I thought the phone just took it from the watch when they synced up.)  So I started using just the phone, and I really love it.

• Like 1

I use a Jawbone UP2.  

I like it.  I had an earlier version, and it had to be replaced - they replaced it free of charge.  Now DH and I both have UP2s, and have been using them since March.  No issues, it's straightforward, and I like the app, too.

• Like 2