Menu

Morning and lunch in Savannah, Ga s/o Asheville thread

saraha

We really liked Clary's Cafe for breakfast. Also stop by River Street Sweets for some fresh pralines. There's nothing like it!

There was an excellent little lunch cafe we enjoyed also, I wish I could remember it. Tiny, a bit hip, across the street from a Catholic Church. I'll look for it.

ETA: Firefly Cafe, that was it! It looks like it's gone way upscale since we were there in 2009. But really, I think it's pretty hard to go wrong in Savannah. We went to the landmark Leopold's Ice-cream TWICE in one trip - that's a lot of fun, and dangerous when it's an easy walk from where you're staying. They have lunch. ;)

Edited by SamanthaCarter
  • Like 2

We're doing almost the exact same thing, though we only have about 2 1/2 hours there. We're stopping at Forsyth Park to give the kids some time & space to run around and stretch their legs before getting back into the van for hours, lol, and then heading over to the Lady & Sons (Paula Deen's restaurant) for lunch and maybe a quick walk over for the kids to splash in the fountains at Ellis Square before we do more driving. I'm not a huge fan of Paula Deen... okay, I'm not a fan at all, lol, but it feels like the authentic "Southern comfort food" experience to go to her restaurant while we're in Georgia.

Mrs. Wilkes' Dining Room would be my pick over Lady and Sons for Southern comfort foods. Get there before it opens for the shortest line.

Or The Olde Pink House if they do lunch. Elizabeth's on 37th is upscale nouveau Southern.

A morning isn't enough for Savannah! :)

• Like 2