Menu

Ugh. Another show I didn't realize was cancelled..

PrincessMommy

well drat.   My dh and I found a fun light-hearted TV cop show that we were enjoying together.  We were watching Battle Creek on Netflix and didn't even realize it was originally a CBS show (quite a surprise actually).  Anyway, we finished season 1 last night.  It ended in 2015 so I went hunting around online to see when the next season would be available, only to discover it was cancelled!  ugh.  It was one of those shows we could enjoy without it being too intense.  I really liked the main characters too.  Shoot. 

At least it didn't end on a  cliff hanger.  :crying:

Oh Bummer, I liked Battlecreek! It was one (of many) show I watched in a week when I had a newborn and was up nights. It wasn't so tense and dramatic that I couldn't get back to sleep.

It seems like this happens so much now!  We were watching a funny new comedy series (and we don't usually like modern comedy series!), and it was cancelled after season 1.  It seems like so, so many new series come up now every year -- far too many for the various networks to actually support (+ Amazon and Netflix originals, etc.), that the majority are doomed to not make it, even if they are good.

• Like 1

I know what you mean! I haven't seen Battle Creek but I did try out The Finder and had the same experience. It was a fun and mostly light show--I loved the characters--but it was only given a half season and then was cancelled. Sadly, one of the main characters died shortly afterward.

I was also bummed to get into the intensity of Jericho only to find it was cancelled.

*le sigh*

• Like 1

I know what you mean! I haven't seen Battle Creek but I did try out The Finder and had the same experience. It was a fun and mostly light show--I loved the characters--but it was only given a half season and then was cancelled. Sadly, one of the main characters died shortly afterward.

I was also bummed to get into the intensity of Jericho only to find it was cancelled.

*le sigh*

I'm still upset about Jericho!

• Like 1

I now check before I even start them.  It's so unfair. I understand shows cost a lot of money, but they give them so little time to find their audience or their voice. Sometimes these things take a while! The first season of Parks and Rec is so uneven...I am actually surprised it wasn't cancelled...but it came back strong with a new voice and it rocked.

I also heard good things about Selfie but I never even got a chance to watch one and boom, it was cancelled.

I will watch a show that is only one or two seasons, but not if I know it ends on a cliff hanger.