Menu

hypo with adrenal fatigue

gardenmom5

what have you found to be a good adrenal support supplement that does NOT have holy basil leaf in it? (I'm allergic to a component - eugenol.).

My dr recommended a couple different ones, I've been using the one by thorne, and am having issues. . . and if I don't take something, I have different issues.  it's a drag.

so, what do you do for your adrenal fatigue?

You rang? :D

Honestly I don't take any adrenal support supplements because I haven't found one that works well yet. I've focused on my impaired liver function and working on that with nettle, dandelion, etc, and I target supplement the things I need that I don't absorb well like b12 and iron, since like you I'm also a MTHFR mutant ;)

Getting adequate minerals and those crucial things like iron and a b12 I can absorb makes a massive difference. I tried supporting my adrenals with hydrocortisone treatment but had to stop because of side effects and honestly the rest of managing my adrenals is managing lifestyle, with sleep and nutrition especially. Given that I'm hypo (mainly thanks to my adrenals not working, they don't signal my thyroid properly) many of the same lifestyle treatments that help one condition do help the other. But in terms of adrenal support supplements I haven't had good luck. What I'd recommend trying is buying single herb pills like ashwaganda and rhodiola and taking those, instead of a combo formula that has an ingredient in it you don't tolerate well. I also take extra acetyl carnitine and a few other supplements that appear on this list for supporting my adrenals and thyroid, both. As you know well, adequate fat intake (omega 3 heavy) also helps very much :)

http://adrenalfatiguesolution.com/adrenal-fatigue-supplements/

Edited by Arctic Mama