Menu

Graduate from Homeschool vs Charter School

DD is doing dual enrollment her senior year through an early college charter school.  The charter school has reviewed her transcript and said they can graduate her from there if we want.  I was prepared to just give her a homeschool diploma.

Getting ready to do college apps this fall, I want to be able to do the counselor section, etc.  I don't want someone from a school where they don't even know her writing her recommendation letter.

Can I still do that if she graduates from the charter school?  We may not even decide that until spring.  At this point, she is a homeschool student with a homeschool transcript.  So if I submit everything in the fall to colleges like that, but then technically in the spring she graduates from this charter school, will that look/or be dishonest?  or bad?  Or does it even show up? Can't I still issue her a homeschool diploma and just a transcript from this school?  or is there some shared data base that will show up on?

To be honest, DD just wants to do the graduation ceremony, they have a nice one. But I don't want to complicate things.

DD is doing dual enrollment her senior year through an early college charter school.  The charter school has reviewed her transcript and said they can graduate her from there if we want.  I was prepared to just give her a homeschool diploma.

Getting ready to do college apps this fall, I want to be able to do the counselor section, etc.  I don't want someone from a school where they don't even know her writing her recommendation letter.

Can I still do that if she graduates from the charter school?  We may not even decide that until spring.  At this point, she is a homeschool student with a homeschool transcript.  So if I submit everything in the fall to colleges like that, but then technically in the spring she graduates from this charter school, will that look/or be dishonest?  or bad?  Or does it even show up? Can't I still issue her a homeschool diploma and just a transcript from this school?  or is there some shared data base that will show up on?

To be honest, DD just wants to do the graduation ceremony, they have a nice one. But I don't want to complicate things.

If the charter school graduates her, she'll be a charter school student. You don't get to issue the diploma; the charter school will.

I don't think the transcript thing will be an issue.

If the transcript shows her as a homeschool student, and the diploma is from the charter school, that should still be okay?  

She will either have two transcripts--one from you and one from the charter school--or the charter school will add her previously earned credits to its transcript and there will be just one.

Ok, please be patient with me here... trying to understand.

Already, she will have my homeschool transcript, which shows everything.  When we fill out the applications, that will be the one we send in.

When she graduates, if she graduates from the charter school, they will add my homeschool stuff to theirs and send that one in.  (She will also have one from the community college showing only the classes from there.)  Will that cause any questions?  When sending applications with one transcript, but her final transcript will be from another school?