Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I didn't make it on here yesterday. How are you doing, Jean? I hope well!

Ds spent the night with my best friend's family last night because I have an early volunteer training to go to this morning.

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

more coffee

try to get more of my bible study done (meet tonight)

shower and get ready

go to training

pick up local eggs 

pick up ds

piano lesson

finish school

pack up stuff for co-op tomorrow and go back over lessons

dinner

bible study

make a list of everything to get done tomorrow afternoon in prep for nephew coming

do any of the list I have time for

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Today I woke up with headache.

To do:

get over headache

take 5 minute shower before the workmen get here at 8

Wake 17yo and get him to his class

Wake 15yo just cuz they both need to be on same sleep schedule.  But she also has much Algebra homework to do..

Work on uploading Latin for co-op which is going to take me forever and ever

p/u 17 yo

take 15 yo to voice lesson - remember to pay voice teacher!

Teach our own homeschooled Latin

there's a bunch of other stuff I need to do but can't remember right now!

• Like 5

Good morning! Today is the first full day of a homeschool enrichment program for ds3. He did not like it at all on orientation day, so we will see. Actually, it doesn't really matter, he needs to go. So today is the day for check in/writing work with ds2.

To do:

Dd2 is off

Take ds3

Grocery store

Chores

Laundry

Work with ds2

Jen things (figure out fun projects for Thursdays)

Pick up ds3

Homework/practice

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Well, yesterday my to-do list only got longer.  That AHG newsletter - first worrying about it and then doing it - took a lot longer than I expected.  Hopefully I will be more efficient next time.

So today I really have to get caught up.  I am getting pressure again about canceling kid stuff in favor of work stuff.  Not a great way to start the day.

The list:

• Kids up & off to school.  [done]
  • Pet care.  [done]
  • Final (I hope) changes to AHG newsletter.  [done]
  • Work.
  • Pay some bills.
  • A little reading.
  • A little exercise.
  • A little housework.
  • Kids' work.
  • Review some scout stuff.
  • Kids to scouts.  Work at scouts.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 4

Well, yesterday my to-do list only got longer.  That AHG newsletter - first worrying about it and then doing it - took a lot longer than I expected.  Hopefully I will be more efficient next time.

So today I really have to get caught up.  I am getting pressure again about canceling kid stuff in favor of work stuff.  Not a great way to start the day.

The list:

• Kids up & off to school.  [done]
  • Pet care.  [done]
  • Final (I hope) changes to AHG newsletter.  [done]
  • Work.
  • Pay some bills.
  • A little reading.
  • A little exercise.
  • A little housework.
  • Kids' work.
  • Review some scout stuff.
  • Kids to scouts.  Work at scouts.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.

Hey, SKL, your troop's Pioneers or Patriots should be doing the troop newsletter. Girl Leadership! Ditch that thing - you have enough to do!  ;) Our Pi/Pa unit always handles it. Quality varies, but they learn by doing. 

• Like 2

Hey, SKL, your troop's Pioneers or Patriots should be doing the troop newsletter. Girl Leadership! Ditch that thing - you have enough to do!   ;) Our Pi/Pa unit always handles it. Quality varies, but they learn by doing. 

Good point - I had suggested earlier that we have the girls at the various levels write up stuff and also help teach the badges.  It seemed like the leaders hadn't thought of that before.  Since I don't have a kid in Pi/Pa and I don't plan on volunteering for any additional positions, I may wait until my eldest is a Pioneer (only ~1.5 years from now) and then dump this on her.  :)

I don't actually write it myself, I am just compiling what the leaders send me (though I did have to wing one section).  I did not have an easy-to-use template to begin with, and the last newsletter I had was from January 2015 (pdf format), so I couldn't just roll much of it forward.  :)  Luckily I have the ability to edit pdfs, but pdf breaks up the page in freaky ways, and editing isn't as straightforward as in other programs.  I guess this will be a good learning experience for me.  :)

• Like 2

Wait!  Our AHG Troop doesn't do a newsletter.  What do you put in it?

Well we didn't have one for a while either.  I assume whoever used to do it left the troop or got too busy.

Ours has a shepherding message, updates from the level leaders (including what to bring / expect for the next meeting), upcoming event dates, reminders, and various housekeeping items.  There are standard items in the margins / last page - leadership roster, quotes that someone found meaningful.  Photos here and there if available.  :)

• Like 2

Today has been house functional... Alas NOT school functional.

No nap or downtime for Mama today.  (But today is so much better than yesterday - by a mile.  Yesterday I swore to DH the only reason I was homeschooling this year was to make sure they were totally ready for school NEXT year.)

• Like 2

Faithr, I hope your head is better!

The volunteer training was awesome! It definitely helped me see potential problems I wouldn't have been prepared for going in new.

Ds finished most of his school work at my friend's house. He's got one more paragraph to write and then print it all out. I went over his classification exercises for Biology. He made a few mistakes he has to correct, and then he's done for the day. 

• Like 3

Well we didn't have one for a while either.  I assume whoever used to do it left the troop or got too busy.

Ours has a shepherding message, updates from the level leaders (including what to bring / expect for the next meeting), upcoming event dates, reminders, and various housekeeping items.  There are standard items in the margins / last page - leadership roster, quotes that someone found meaningful.  Photos here and there if available.  :)

Ours is similar, though shorter and less complicated. One page, front and back. Comes out maybe 4x a year.

Calendar and upcoming events/reminders. Board and leader contact info. One main article  - could be a leader or girl bio, something about camp, a service project, or other event, a shepherding or spiritual focus, spotlight on something from AHG national. Photos always! Caption contest! 

Pi/Pa's do the whole thing! 

• Like 1

Ours is similar, though shorter and less complicated. One page, front and back. Comes out maybe 4x a year.

Calendar and upcoming events/reminders. Board and leader contact info. One main article  - could be a leader or girl bio, something about camp, a service project, or other event, a shepherding or spiritual focus, spotlight on something from AHG national. Photos always! Caption contest! 

Pi/Pa's do the whole thing! 

I think it's a great idea.  I think it probably wasn't considered in the past because our troop is young, and last year there were only 2 Pi/Pa girls.  A bunch crossed over last Spring, so it will be interesting to see what leadership opportunities are given to them.

• Like 2

I think it's a great idea.  I think it probably wasn't considered in the past because our troop is young, and last year there were only 2 Pi/Pa girls.  A bunch crossed over last Spring, so it will be interesting to see what leadership opportunities are given to them.

Yes, our group is older. We have 2 (9th grade) Patriots and about 6 Pioneers, plus a couple of potential new girls in both levels. They are a creative lot who like art and crafty things. 

• Like 1

I have to use previous days' thread as I plan evenings before I do battle :) (and often can't / won't update forum in the morning.) maybe I'll quote it for tomorrow's thread in the afternoon or something.

Anywho

Subscription mailed

Tickets for sat for BIL?

Seasons passes for snowboarding purchased (woooohooooo!)

Ahead of guests

Wash all guest room bedding and organize weight room

Laundry that I didn't do yesterday

Prep foods meats and coolers

Attempt to finish school week strong that's

Math practice

AAS

Wwe

ETC

ZBHW

Lit reading

Short Encyclopedia reading history and science