Menu

Hakim's Concise History of US - table of contents

SoCal_Bear

Would anyone who has the three volume set be willing to scan a copy of the the table of contents for the three books to me? I have the full 11 volume set from Hakim. An American history course I am looking at uses the concise set as its spine, but I don't want to pay for it when I have the full set on my shelf...and my son enjoys reading history so length isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

The concise edition is 4 volumes, and they don't line up chapter by chapter. For example, some of the chapters in the original series are included as an add-on (last page) to a chapter in the concise edition. I use the concise edition for a U.S. History class and have gone through and matched the chapters. Book A in the concise edition is books 1 - 3 in the original, Book B is books 4, 5, 6, and the beginning of 7, Book C is books 7 - the first half of 9, and Book D is the rest of 9 - 10.

I know that's not exactly what you asked for. The T of C for each book is 3 - 4 pages and while the chapters are sometimes titled the same, it can be deceiving since some of the chapters are combined. If you still want to see the T of C, PM me and I'll take photos.

You can find the concise editions very very cheap used on Amazon. I got all 4 books for under $20 including shipping. If you really like the curriculum that uses the concise version, I'd just spring for it and save the hassle of matching chapters.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Sure.

A- 81 Chapters
B- 76 Chapters
C- 63 Chapters
D- 69 Chapters

Each chapter is 3-6 pages long. We do a chapter a day easily. My kids read a chapter a day and then outline or summarize them as both a history and writing assignment. My 10 and 11yo use the classic editions and my 13yo uses the concise. Each kid takes about a half hour total, and that's including the writing portion.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MeaganS said:

Sure.

A- 81 Chapters
B- 76 Chapters
C- 63 Chapters
D- 69 Chapters

Each chapter is 3-6 pages long. We do a chapter a day easily. My kids read a chapter a day and then outline or summarize them as both a history and writing assignment. My 10 and 11yo use the classic editions and my 13yo uses the concise. Each kid takes about a half hour total, and that's including the writing portion.

THANK YOU!

• Like 1