Menu

Moody kids today!

I seriously don't know what's up with my kids today! Both dd17 and ds12 are just a moody mess today.

DD has Aspergers so we have off days and I may have some insight into that but ds12 is NT as far as I know

and is moody today too. I've even made salmon for dinner last night and zesty tuna salad for lunch today to 

give our brains some extra nourishment. But today they both were talking themselves out of being able to do 

math before they even gave themselves a chance to succeed. Both are somewhat behind in math so we can't 

really take time off for "I can't do it" as often as these moods show up!

Even gave them a good breakfast - good sized, homemade breakfast burritos. So I know it's not the nutrition.

I'm just tired of being grumbled at so often. or sidelined - our computer took a vacation recently, without our permission.

Using my dh's pc setup at the moment. But there is info on my mac mini that we NEED for school. (Has anyone else

lost more info due to modern technology than they ever have to actual paper?)

A few more minutes on my lunch break. Think I might take a nap! :closedeyes:

Turns out dd17 was stressing out, worried she wasn't being a good enough big sister to her brother.

She said, "Even though it may not seem like it I really do care about him."

I encouraged her to go talk to him and talk it through. She did and says she feels better.

Still don't know what's going on with ds12 though.

Both kids seem to be doing better today. But then again, we haven't tackled math yet. 

Not sure I'm going to make them, either, as I don't feel like I could deal with it, either.

It has been overcast and rainier than usual here (we live in the desert) so that may also

have something to do with it. Not sure why I keep looking for a groove we've never found

in our many years of homeschooling! :-P