Menu

Legoland in FL -- worth it for 11 year olds?

mlktwins

Has anyone been recently to LEGOLAND in FL? We are trying to decide whether to take a day away from Disney World (we've been there twice) to go to LEGOLAND. My boys are into Lego and would love seeing all the Lego stuff, but are the rides worth it for 11 year olds? Especially compared to Disney? I know I can get homeschool days pricing, which is a plus in favor if LEGOLAND.

My kids are 7 and 9.  They love Legoland while I'm pretty eh about it.  I'd rather be at Disney...on a low crowd day.  Legoland is relatively small.  It does have a lot for the elementary age.  I haven't gone with older kids so I haven't viewed it through that lens.  There are a few rollercoasters and I think a few new older kid things might have opened since the last time we went.  It might be worth the day for you, depending on the level of Lego love your kids have.  Mine are obsessed!  The miniature city is neat to look at but was surprisingly run down in my opinion.  The homeschool pricing is definitely the way to go!

Well, we went to Legoland in CA.   I would say the rides aren't as good as Disney.  But, all the Lego STUFF is amazing! I think your family would have a good time at Legoland especially if you have been to DIsney twice recently.  It's great to go see all the amazing Lego creations and get pictures with them.  

My DD11 loves Legoland and still enjoys the Legoland discovery centers, which are very definitely aimed for a younger age group because, for her, it's all about building with a group of people who enjoy Lego. She isn't thrilled with the rides, but can happily skip them, except for the water ones. She hasn't been to the CA one since she was 2, but she's been to the FL one twice and several of the Discovery Centers.

I would say maybe. I love Legoland in FL but I haven't been to others. The rides are of similar intensity to kiddie roller coasters at DW (at their most intense). DS 8 wants to go, but 11 is an iffy age for it I think. I'd look up videos on YouTube and ask your DS opinion. If the family is into space you could consider Kennedy space center as a side trip.