Menu

Stupid reasons for liking/disliking a curriculum

I love the feel of a brand new, shiny-cover, shiny-pages textbook. We haven't used very many in our homeschool, but we had one last year and I loved it. It smelled inky and papery, too. Love the smell of paper and ink.

I don't like pages that are too busy with lots of sidebars. What do we read first? The sidebar? The text? Bounce back and forth between them? So anything Usborne is completely OUT. I hate those books.

Not to be an enabler, but I loved Notgrass just because of how nice the books smelled. 

• Like 4

Anything with a website that's difficult to navigate. If you can't design a clear website what does your curriculum look like?

People often outsource websites to their friends who want to build a resume.

That is an equally questionable decision but less concerning than the inability to describe and categorize a curriculum.

Yes! I'm with you! I wish they would spiral bind the front section and the student pages separately. I hate the giant paperback. :thumbdown:

I just bought one for the first time. I cut it along the spine between the 2 sections then removed the back cover and attached it to the teacher part. I now have a thinner tidy book and the student pages which I will hole punch and put in a folder.