Menu

Human Odyssey Vol 2 and OUP books schedule??

Does there exist anywhere a correlation between the chapters of HO Volume 2 and the OUP books? I know there are not that many middle ages books but I am hoping someone perhaps has already done this work.  

TIA!!!!

Edited by cintinative

Human Odyssey 2 actually starts with 1400 so there isn't really any Middle Ages content. So, yes, the Middle Ages are basically covered in those last several chapters in the HO 1 book. I felt that Human Odyssey didn't cover the middle ages as well as it did Ancients, Renaissance, early Modern, and Modern.

I didn't correlate chapters directly with OUP so I don't really have that advice to share. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've started working on correlations between K12 HO 2 and the OUP medieval books. I am still waiting on the Age of Science and Revolutions book so I can add those chapters in. I am thinking of adding in chapters from the H.A. Guerber Story of the Middle Ages book.

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've just basically switched to HO on its own as the base at this point. We are up to Latin American revolutions.. But I also use Hakim's Newton in the Middle, OUP science and technology series, plus just loads of other things. Right now I have her reading a few chapters from the IB History of the Americas to get more info and comparison of indepdendence movements throughout the Americas. We also read 1493, a few chapters from Zinn, a couple books about foods of the Columbian Exchange, tons of Crash Course videos, Great Courses... well, you get the idea we just have added in a ton of other materials anyway and now we have time for more.

• Like 2