Menu

Experience with Memoria Press Online Biology?

I have 2 questions about this course:

1. What view does the class take on creationism/evolution? I know MP is a "classical Christian" resource, but the textbook indicated for class use is a standard Holt textbook, which most likely teaches only macro evolution.

2. Any details you can provide on the course itself? Rigorous or not? Dry or interesting? 

Our situation: my daughter is NOT a math/science lover and the only reason I plan to enroll her in this very expensive class is that she is not good in being accountable to me in rigorous subjects. She will flake out on a lot of the homework, particularly memorization,  if I don't closely monitor her. However, I have discovered that if another teacher and students are involved in some capacity, she will work quite diligently. 

Is this class worth the $$$?? :-)

Edited by MrsC

I have 2 questions about this course:

1. What view does the class take on creationism/evolution? I know MP is a "classical Christian" resource, but the textbook indicated for class use is a standard Holt textbook, which most likely teaches only macro evolution.

2. Any details you can provide on the course itself? Rigorous or not? Dry or interesting? 

Our situation: my daughter is NOT a math/science lover and the only reason I plan to enroll her in this very expensive class is that she is not good in being accountable to me in rigorous subjects. She will flake out on a lot of the homework, particularly memorization,  if I don't closely monitor her. However, I have discovered that if another teacher and students are involved in some capacity, she will work quite diligently. 

Is this class worth the $$$?? :-)

It is not YEC. 

That is all I know. Have you seen the samples online? I, personally, did not like the books, but others love them.