Menu

Don't Forget to Write

wehave8

I'm starting a Writing Club this month for our very small homeschool group of young elementary age kids.  I saw Don't Forget to Write mentioned in another post, but I can't find much on it.  

Would it be helpful in for a group club?  Would you recommend it?  Would you recommend something different?

I need something quick to know where to begin.  My olders were in a Writing Club AGES ago, but I didn't lead it, and I really don't remember much about it.

Pam

The projects in Don't Forget to Write would be great for a writing club. We are in the middle of using it for our elementary writing club. Some projects we did: a trip to another planet and meeting an alien, Secret Spy School and creating a Book of Knowledge are what I can think of off the top of my head. 

Absolutely. I have them both. They're all lessons that were developed to be used by 826 organizations for free weekend writing classes or for classroom field trips. We live a couple blocks away from an 826 and my kids have done some of the lessons in there with the 826 people. They're all fun things and some of them work much better in a group.

The projects in Don't Forget to Write would be great for a writing club. We are in the middle of using it for our elementary writing club. Some projects we did: a trip to another planet and meeting an alien, Secret Spy School and creating a Book of Knowledge are what I can think of off the top of my head. 

Absolutely. I have them both. They're all lessons that were developed to be used by 826 organizations for free weekend writing classes or for classroom field trips. We live a couple blocks away from an 826 and my kids have done some of the lessons in there with the 826 people. They're all fun things and some of them work much better in a group.

Thanks, Moonlight and Farrar!

Pam

• Like 1

I've been running a Writing Club for our homeschool group using these books exclusively, but with personal tweaks, like an end-of-year magazine.  It has been working wonderfully!  We've got a pretty long wait list for the new club sessions starting in September.  :)

• Like 2