Menu

? about earlier versions of Life of Fred Pre-Algebra books

Grantmom

I was looking at the Life of Fred Pre-Algebra set, and they have Pre-Algebra 0, 1, and 2.  Does anyone have any idea if 0 was added more recently?  I just don't remember there being a 0 before, and I'm just wondering if the earlier versions that I have of 1 and 2 are different than the 1 and 2 being published now.  Or am I just completely off-base?

Thanks!

Okay, so I just discovered that I actually have Elementary Physics, so then do I have the complete set?  I have Elementary Physics, Pre-Algebra 1 with Bio and Pre-Algebra 2 with Econ.   I had no idea this elementary physics was a part of the Pre-Algebra set.

Okay, so I just discovered that I actually have Elementary Physics, so then do I have the complete set?  I have Elementary Physics, Pre-Algebra 1 with Bio and Pre-Algebra 2 with Econ.   I had no idea this elementary physics was a part of the Pre-Algebra set.

Yep, that would be all the LOF pre-algebra books. If I remember correctly, Stan didn't have a rigid "and this is when you do Elementary Physics" when EP came out (though I think he did have some recommendation of "roughly around this time"). He must have decided later it fit in best as Pre-Algebra 0. So, it's Apples through Mineshaft, then Fractions, Decimals&Percents, Pre-Algebra 0 aka Elementary Physics, Pre Alg 1, 2, and then on to Beginning Algebra.

• Like 1