Menu

CAP's Well Ordered Language vs First Language Lessons

LolaT

Which is better FLL or CAP's new Well Ordered Language for grammar?

I did FLL with one and about to go onto FLL 3 with my second and FLL1 with my third child. I've made the switch from WWE to CAP R&R already and wondering if I might like their grammar program better. Although, very repetitive, FLL, seems to have done a really good job on grammar with my first child. Thoughts?

I feel that WOL and W&R work and play well together. Granted I am only a week into it though. There is a bit of repitition in WOL but they give you ideas to work faster if your child doesn't need it. I see your child is also doing SSL. All three of them do work in harmony. There is a TON of derivatives in WOL. They say this is how we get this word and most of them are in Latin. The TG is very complete, but there is more you can get if you get the assessments and extra practice. I got that, but you may not need it. 

• Like 1

Between having completed FLL Levels 1/2 (the older combined edition), 3 & 4... and R&S English Levels 6-8, my little man's grammar is (usually) top notch. I often use him as my grammar consultant and editor. Lol! I probably would've used ALL if it had been available back then, but I've been pleased with the results of both the aforementioned.

WOL seems like a cross between FLL and Shurley English, with a CAP twist. Shurley English parses sentences, as does WOL. R&S and FLL (?) diagrams sentences, or at least I believe SWB recommends diagramming. My little man prefers diagraming over parsing, but he has to know both since we're using CAP's Latin materials (i.e., Latin for Children and Latin Alive). It's been a win win for us. 

Consider that CAP has released only one level (two books) of WOL, so only a year's worth is available at present.