Menu

FYI: AoPS class now has a My Goals tab

Arcadia

Was checking on DS10's class starting next week and saw that they now have a "My Goals" tab. Depending on what days of the week you click on for doing work, the system generate a suggested work schedule.

Really cool for my kid who still needs some hand holding in terms of planning.

• Like 1

Yes, it's helpful. DD says it showed up in the early spring, or so.

That is interesting. The My Goals tab is not in my kid's summer AMC8 class which started end May. I didn't notice it in my kid's summer Python class either. Maybe they roll out for the math class first.

That is interesting. The My Goals tab is not in my kid's summer AMC8 class which started end May. I didn't notice it in my kid's summer Python class either. Maybe they roll out for the math class first.

I can't find it either for AMC8 summer class which started in June. I wish there was one because DD does everything last minute. 

Hmm.  DD had one appear in Intro to Algebra B early in the spring and has one for Number Theory; she does not have it in her Python class.  I wonder if AoPS only adds the tool to the more traditional math classes?  I'm not really surprised by the absence for the competition classes, since they are non-grade classes, but I would think it would be available for Python since it is graded.

• 1 month later...

I thought it is interesting that in the signatures of AoPS posts you'll often seen their goals for various competitions, as well as their actual scores.  I was wondering if I had heard that people accomplish more when they set a concrete goal for themselves?