Menu

Stranger Things Theories Spoiler Thread

Outdoorsy Type

You might not want to read if you haven't watched the whole series.

Spoilers -Spoilers-Spoilers-Spoilers-Spoilers-Spoilers

What questions are you hoping they solve next season? Anything you regard as clues?

For me I'm wondering the connection between the Hydra monster in the D&D game, and the slugs that Will burps up. He had the weird flashback to the Upside Down which made me wonder if we will be traveling back and forth more next time.

Also, where did Eleven go? Are there a lot more like her? Who is her father? I'm wondering if it's Brenner. His "death" wasn't very convincing, so I'm guessing that he would play a part in the next season in some way.

Anyone else?

• Like 3

I want to know why Hopper got in the car with the black suit guys, where they went, what they did. How does Hopper know where Eleven is? What's going to happen to poor Will?

I wonder those things, too. Hopper got into the car with some of the same people from Hawkins Lab, but where/what happened isn't clear.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Hopper thinks Eleven is in the Upside Down, as I think that's why he was leaving food in the box in Mirkwood... (but what about water??)

and what rules apply to the Upside Down? Is it a version of our world if aliens had taken over years before? There are no living things shown other than the Demagorgan and slugs.

I want to know why Nancy didn't see Barb's car sitting there when she thought she had left the party. Wouldn't she have walked back the same way she came?

For some reason I thought they had parked around a corner, but I have no proof of that! I didn't really question it, since it was set in the time when kids would/could still cut through people's yards and take the shortest route home :lol: I did wonder why the heck she didn't wake that little creep up and make him drive her home. Steve did redeem himself a bit, I'm still hoping that Nancy comes to her senses and drops him in season 2!

I'm pretty sure Hopper thinks Eleven is in the Upside Down, as I think that's why he was leaving food in the box in Mirkwood... (but what about water??)

DH thought the same thing, but I thought she was gone for good. Now I'm not so sure!

• Like 1

Steve did redeem himself a bit, I'm still hoping that Nancy comes to her senses and drops him in season 2!

I don't know, I'm hoping that Steve is truly changed. He did go back in Joyce's house when the lights starting flashing. When Joyce did that in an earlier episode, I remember thinking, "Yeah, a mom would do that," but Steve went in to help a girl he just started dating. He was brave, too. Did you see him wielding that bat? :thumbup1: Jonathan is awesome, too, of course. (Complete tangent: it kind of reminds me of Blane vs. Duckie in Pretty in Pink. The original script had Andie ending up with Duckie.)

I want to know why Hopper seemingly betrayed Eleven. :( Was that a plan they had worked out ahead of time, knowing how bad-ass she is? Is that how he knew where she was later?

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 3

I want to know if Eleven is Hoppers daughter somehow.

I want to know how Hopper can knock anyone out with one punch! But I think that's a 80s movie thing.

I want to know if Will's flash of the upside down at the end was real or PTSD. And if it was real, was he aware of it and is protecting him mom from the truth? or is he hypnotized somehow to be oblivious?

I want to know if the Faceless monster knows the 'stick a tentacle in your mouth' monster that got Barb (and Will).

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I was under the impression that Hopper got into the car with the agents so that they could "get their story straight" so to speak (where Will was, how did they find him, how to explain his "body") for the official report.  They weren't expecting Hopper, Joyce, or Will to come out alive so now that they had they needed to create a plausible story.

I don't think there is any connection between Eleven and Hopper's daughter but I do think that he somehow knows she's still alive in the upside down and therefore is leaving food for her in Mirkwood.

I think it's a strong possibility that Brenner is Eleven's father and I'm not convinced he's dead either.  I actually had to rewind that part because it was so quick and vague I was like "..wait...did he just die?"

Will seems to have brought back some of the upside down with him and for that reason can still "see" the parallel universe while living in ours.  I'm not sure how that connection will play out in the future but it will be interesting!

• Like 1

I'm mostly worried that in 1983 I was a dead ringer for Barb, pardon the term. Maybe I'm not me? ;-)

Oh my goodness! You are Barb! It's the glasses and hairstyle! Wow!!

I don't have a link, but my DH was reading to me from somewhere--if you pause your screen on the corkboard during the Christmas party at the police station, there are clues to things. Like, there's an article quoting Brenner AFTER the events, so he's not dead. Even though part of the deal was that Joyce and Hopper don't say anything about anything (they agreed to that so that the lab people would let them through their portal to the underworld), Joyce told.

I can't remember what else is there, but I suppose you could try googling for the article.

I also thought that part of the deal of Joyce and Hopper being allowed through the portal was that Hopper agreed to give up Eleven. He didn't tell Joyce that, but that was the deal he made, I thought. My dh doesn't remember that, but I thought he did. I figured that when the black car came up he knew he'd have to make good on the deal. It doesn't explain how Eleven is in the woods, though. Maybe she sneaks out of the lab whenever she wants to using her powers? Don't know.

I want to know about the slugs that Will pukes up and where Eleven is and if there are 10 others of her kind.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

For some reason I thought they had parked around a corner, but I have no proof of that! I didn't really question it, since it was set in the time when kids would/could still cut through people's yards and take the shortest route home :lol: I did wonder why the heck she didn't wake that little creep up and make him drive her home. Steve did redeem himself a bit, I'm still hoping that Nancy comes to her senses and drops him in season 2!

Same here. I got to the end and was like WTF NANCY??

I know the girl ending up with the quiet, unpopular guy is kind of a cliche at this point, but that's because quiet unpopular guys are awesome. :D And I don't care how good Steve was at twirling the baseball bat. He's still a d-bag. 

• Like 1

Same here. I got to the end and was like WTF NANCY??

I know the girl ending up with the quiet, unpopular guy is kind of a cliche at this point, but that's because quiet unpopular guys are awesome. :D And I don't care how good Steve was at twirling the baseball bat. He's still a d-bag. 

I can't argue with that, but don't you think people can change? Granted we're talking about a fictional character here, but still...

Admittedly, I was surprised that Nancy ended up with Steve, too, but sometimes the heart wants what it wants.  :D

ETA: My husband agrees with you. I was all like, "Steve told off his friends, cleaned up the graffiti, and risked his LIFE! What do you people want from him?" My husband's response was, "More than that." He added that while Steve is a d-bag on the right path, he is still a d-bag.  :laugh:

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1

I want to know who One through Ten are. :)

I was kind of glad Nancy ended up with Steve, just to buck the expectation that she'd end up with Jonathan, even though Jonathan is clearly much awesomer than Steve.

And I think Will is going to become evil and maybe become the next monster from the Upside Down (or maybe just be in danger of being a new monster.) The entire first season was about him but you rarely got to actually see him. I think (hope) in season 2, we see more of him.

• Like 2