Menu

What does this mean to you?

Granny_Weatherwax

I have no idea what that even means. Being a tart is usually a combo of young, a little tacky, and slutty... How that works into education I have no clue.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Tar-t or tar-d? The former is usually a softer form of slut. The latter is slang and short for the R-word.

This is how I interpret as well. The special needs yellow bus is the same as the K-5 yellow bus. There is another special needs bus here which is a white passenger van.

• Like 1

Well, that would be fitting, wouldn't it?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but given my DC with dyslexia, I know spelling and intelligence aren't related. She has opened my eyes to typos and all manner of things that have made me twitch for years. :)

• Like 2

Am I the only one who was confused because the first thing I associate with tart is pastry? Fruit tarts, lemon curd tart, chocolate tarts.

From context it sounds like they meant tard. They clearly are sucky human beings who deserve no lemon tarts.

Edited by LucyStoner
  • Like 21

Am I the only one who was confused because the first thing I associate with tart is pastry? Fruit tarts, lemon curd tart, chocolate tarts.

From context it sounds like they meant tard. They clearly are sucky human beings who deserve no lemon tarts.

That's exactly what I thought. I was wondering if perhaps for those 'in the know' with cooking phrases that tart level may have meant something simple and easy, beginner level baking.

• Like 2

This is a nice twist. A thread that started sour and went sweet.

I confess to hating the misuse of the word retarded. Having grown up with a brother who happened to have Down Syndrome it was drilled into me that this was the proper name and that it didn't mean stupid but rather slow to learn.

So when people misuse it they aren't insulting the people they think they are insulting. Grrr

I must confess that I dislike disabled which really means not able. I don't like that that has come into use or the word handicapped which implies begging. I do prefer special needs since retarded has been completely ruined by some people.

Sorry for my little tangent.

• Like 2

I just checked the urban dictionary and they do have a term "tart cart" for the short bus. So I guess "tart level" most likely means for slow learners.

That's just terrible. People suck.