Menu

s/o looking to inventory family heirlooms with photo and paragraph

McKay

My parents have many family heirlooms that are only valuable for the sentiment and stories that go with them.  Is there an app or some other way to take a photo and then add several sentences of information about each item? Apps that I've looked at seem to be more appropriate for valuable works of art or furniture. The items that I'd want to inventory would be things like a doily that cousin Jane made when she was 7 or a tea cup that was given when grandpa was baptized.

I would like to sort the inventory by objects - all china or all crocheted items and also sort the inventory by person - all Great Grandma Ida's items.  If I could put in a photo of great grandma or cousin Jane and then their things could appear under their photo,that would be great.  A location sort would also be helpful.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Or make a small tree at Ancestry.com. and under media put the photos particular to Grandma (etc) and add all the info you like.  You can let relatives know to look there.  I have my late Grandpa's WWI dogtags and other stuff on his Ancestry page, etc.

How techie are you?  You could set up something like Gallery on a webhost, which would allow you to upload photos with descriptions and then add tags for the family member and item type.  You could also create logins for family members so they could view the gallery and leave comments, even.  Maybe you could do something similar with a flickr group or something like that?