Menu

ELTL- print or E book

busymama7

I will be using level one with my 1st and 3rd graders together. The older is dyslexic and not a fluent reader yet so I will be reading everything aloud. I will be getting the workbooks for them as well. I usually find E book resources annoying when schooling but I wonder if for this it wouldn't. I have an iPad and a kindle fire.

I will also be getting level 5 for my 6th grader and the workbook. I intend her to be more independent with it so probably the print copy will be better.

Can't decide if $10 savings is worth it for the E book. We are on a tight budget

Also which font is closest to pentime handwriting? Older one is only transitioning to cursive so I wonder if I should get the pdf of the workbook and print as I go switching him over to cursive once he's comfy. Actually PDF for workbook really makes sense as we have two more behind these if I love the program. I don't mind printing it.

Hi busymama :)

I decided to just buy the book. I thought about the eBook but then thought about cost to print and/or resort to havin to veiw(for me not the boys ) on the screen I thought... Hmm. Nah. I need to write in it, make notes to myself etc.

I , for me, just decided ...I needed the regular print book.

I like the program. I use it to do in off days from fll and other things w do.

I really love the literature approach and how she ties It together.

We are listening to wizard of Oz now on Audi at bedtime, then, we have to hear it more than once (have challenged learners) we listen to it again the next day and work through it like that.

The boys really like it too.

I use the reading part of her curric. Too...the phonics. It's just more back up and practice for is.

I do the lit part at nite after dinner sometimes.

I just fit my practice in where I can.

For me the teacher...I need the book and pre put together for me...I'm tired lol. I need her to do it for me.

Did I mention I'm tired haha :)

Edited by Kat w

I like the printed book.  I prefer the larger size book (Lulu carries it in 2 different sizes, although I think Rainbow Resource just has the larger size).  You can save on the workbook if you type & print the grammar exercises ahead of time or write them on a dry-erase board as you go.  

I like the printed book.  I prefer the larger size book (Lulu carries it in 2 different sizes, although I think Rainbow Resource just has the larger size).  You can save on the workbook if you type & print the grammar exercises ahead of time or write them on a dry-erase board as you go.  

Yes I know but I also know myself. I need it simple and open and go so I will be using the workbooks with the two younger ones for sure.  Im debating right now with the 6th grader.  She doesnt have great handwriting though so I think the workbook would be best.  344 pages to print is way too many.  I should just buy it right?  Its pricey but I need simple.

• Like 1

Yes I know but I also know myself. I need it simple and open and go so I will be using the workbooks with the two younger ones for sure.  Im debating right now with the 6th grader.  She doesnt have great handwriting though so I think the workbook would be best.  344 pages to print is way too many.  I should just buy it right?  Its pricey but I need simple.

come to think of it, that is a huge workbook for my daughter to be dealing with too.  Maybe it would be better to print the pages so she didnt have that thick of a book to try to write in.  

I got the printed book from Rainbow Resource and the PDF workbook. My 4th grader is also transitioning to cursive, so it's been nice to print whichever one he needs the time. My 2nd grader is using cursive for everything, and I used the traditional cursive. He was using Pentime before this. I told him for any capital letters that are different, he can pick which version he likes better. My 4th grader is using the vertical cursive, just because it's easier for him to read and copy, and he can't for the life of him slant his work even with the book properly positioned in a slant. He used Zaner-Bloser to learn cursive in the first place.