Menu

Business Administration associate's degree

Night Elf

You are probably like...what the what what...these are jobs that didn't need degrees.  Where my DH works the receptionist position requires an associates.  They don't just answer the phone though.  She orders supplies, schedules meetings, passes out mail, calls caterers for various business functions, types up letters, deals with maintenance people, etc. 

Well, if you already own your own business, it is possible that the courses would help you improve your business' performance.

Even most MBAs are not extremely valuable degrees. 

For a 2 year degree, the most valuable ones are (in my opinion) in tech fields.

Edited by Beth S

Diamond has an associate in business, (small business management)

Her long term goal is to have her own dance studio. She is currently working in the marketing department of a mid-size online retailer to save money to finish her bachelor degree. Her "about as useful as no degree" degree got her the job, and the top of the pay scale for that job.

Diamond has an associate in business, (small business management)

Her long term goal is to have her own dance studio. She is currently working in the marketing department of a mid-size online retailer to save money to finish her bachelor degree. Her "about as useful as no degree" degree got her the job, and the top of the pay scale for that job.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but I have an Associate's, as well as 10+ years of experience in management prior to leaving the workforce. The only jobs I've found are literally entry level receptionist, admin asst, restaurant server positions. Oh, and sales jobs galore. Anything else is a Bachelor's at minimum. I am located in the Northeast, where there is a glut of college grads, so maybe it's a regional thing.