Menu

teacher's guide for Get Ready for the Code?

BonnieLK

It can occasionally be helpful to figure out what word a picture is supposed to represent. The only real need is to get the questions for the test in the back of the book. I did have a friend who felt doing the exercises at the beginning to introduce sounds was helpful for her child.

So useful, sometimes. Necessary, no.

I usually managed to find them used at our local homeschool bookstore for a few bucks.

We haven't used the getting ready for the code books, but the explode the code teacher's manuals have nice instructions/activities/explanations of the thought process behind what you're doing. They aren't really related to the workbooks at all other than the test sections at the end though and you could totally do the workbook without the teacher's manual. Overall, we think the teacher's manual is worth having to give some insight into the purpose of what you are supposed to be teaching rather than just going through the workbooks with no guidance on what's actually be learned. 

There are also directions for some of the pages. There will be a page with a bunch of pictures and it will say "circle the picture that..." or "Colour the picture red that..."

I needed it for this alone.  But I think it used to be in the back of the book then they removed it and made a teacher book.

Its not that much so I guess if I were first timer I would buy it for sure.  Its handy to read about the whys of things sometimes.

Thanks all! I kept going back and forth over whether to start my son (4.5) reading, and then today we ended up with an impromptu lesson on how we need vowels to make words, so I pulled the trigger on the A, B and C book and guide.  If he's ready, he's ready, right?