Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I need to leave with the kids at like 6:40am for farm camp.  Sleep is not on the list, though I will sneak a nap if I manage to get the other stuff done with time to spare.  (Unlikely.)

• Work in the wee hours.
  • Figure out directions to kids' camp and print them.
  • Pack for the kids' camp.
  • Kids up & ready to go.
  • Stop at WalMart to buy boots & maybe some other stuff.
  • Drop kids off at camp.
  • Come back and work.
  • Like 4

No School this week...a whole week off for the kiddos (not for me).

Boys Room -- the boys are away at camp.  After warnings unheeded, the girls and I are tackling their room ourselves (I'm paying the girls for their help...this goes well beyond "family chores."  So far, we have found boxes of unopened pencils, bowls, spoons, over due library books, missing school books, more trash than should reasonably be stuffed under a bed, missing swim suits, enough dirty clothes to keep my washing machine running for a week solid, and so much general "stuffage" it would make you cry.  At least there is no moldy food.  We are tackling this project in stages.  Stage 1 is under the beds (pulling everything out), stripping the beds, and cleaning up the clothes dresser and closet.  Anything not belonging in the dresser and closet will go in the box  The box is part of stage 3.  Stage 2 will be the LEGOs, Stage 3 will be sorting the box of "I don't know what this is, or why it was in the closet/drawers/under the bed." mess.

Waiting on the water heater guy, because our water heater went out before showers this morning (always fun).

Waiting on the pool people.

Cleaning the kitchen, finish the shopping list and menu for the week.

Errands (run fundraising paperwork grocery shop, pool for workout & fun, then swim practice tonight)

Home and bed!

• Like 4

Wow, reading all these posts makes me tired!  I hope everyone gets more sleep and/or feels better!

We got a text in the wee hours of the morning.  Boys arrived safely in Paris.  Now they wait for six hours for their connecting flight to Krakow.

Today:

Yesterday, I actually finished enough of the Latin curriculum to be ready for meeting tomorrow.  I just need to photocopy it all for the new mentor.

Get recycling to curb (forgot to last night)

Workmen arrive at 8

Going to 9:15 daily mass

Hose down dog

Take house guest to visit lawyer @ 11:30

Give dog a good brushing - she really needs it

take 15 yo to meet friend at movies

p/u 15 yo at some point

Dinner will probably be leftovers

Take 15 yo to rehearsal - this is hell week - opening night this Friday!

21 yo will p/u

Finish reading my novel

• Like 3

Y'all are amazing! 

I need to do some serious tackling in the school planning department this week and next. I have a ton to do! 

Today:

History!

laundry, esp. sheets

YNAB

take dog to the park

dinner - something with ground beef?

• Like 2

Good morning

- coffee- cup 2 done

- dishes- load in dishwasher, hand wash are done

- finish folding laundry- just socks left

- laundry- not enough for a load yet

- tidy house- round 1 done

- dinner- done

- work- done

- shower/baths- not needed

- bedtime routine- getting there

- anything else I get done- printed some school stuff, made girls lunch

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 2

Good morning!

Done:

Coffee!!

Nephew's meds and breakfast

Updated my paper calendar for the next month

Phone call from a SS teacher about upcoming missions conference (dh and I are working with the SS classes)

To Do:

Plan schoolwork for ds this week (beginning 3 subjects)

Co-op class' planning

Book Club kick-off planning

Laundry

Tidy house

Meals

• Like 2

I have been not tackling things for too long because of awful pregnancy symptoms. Well we're starting school back up the first week of August so I've got to start tackling things again.

- laundry washed, folded, away

- dishes(DONE)

- vacuum downstairs(DONE)

- kids clean up computer room

- kids and I clean out entryway closet

- pet sit

- meal plan(DONE)

- grocery list

- read for an hour

- take kids swimming to survive this awful heat

Edited by hjffkj
  • Like 2

I've really been on the ball this a.m.  At least for low energy me!  I remembered that I wanted to go low carb this week while my vegetarian son is gone, so I ate some chicken sausage for breakfast.  Usually I just drink too much coffee and graze all morning long on junk.

I also have done two loads of laundry and I remembered I had to pay tuition for my dd's upcoming Biology class - so I wrote a check and got that out.

And I started cleaning out my 17 yo's room.  I told him while he was gone I was going to bless his room with a deep cleaning and reorganization.

And I remembered that I have to run to Staples to get things copied for tomorrow's meeting.  Also need to return overdue library book today. 

• Like 2

What a busy day for all!!! Praying for all your lists to successfully get done. Also praying for those who aren't feeling well or need a push to get things going.

Done:

Prayed

Walked the dog

Stretches

Showered

Prayed rosary and morning prayers with kids

Sent text messages to friends and family

To do:

Start school. Yikes! Please wish us luck

Kids to piano

Clean school room more

Call painter

Have a blessed Monday y'all!!

• Like 1

Got the kids to camp on time.  They have a rule that if you're late, they won't let you in.  They say you can reschedule, but our summer is completely booked, so my kids would be out of luck and no refund.  So, we were the second last people, but we were on time.  :)

Miss E was worried that she'd have a rough time again, but I think this one will be very different, as long as she doesn't psych herself up with worry.  Most likely she's having a great time already.  :)

Now I'm going to sneak a nap before I get back to work.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

Got the kids to camp on time.  They have a rule that if you're late, they won't let you in.  They say you can reschedule, but our summer is completely booked, so my kids would be out of luck and no refund.  So, we were the second last people, but we were on time.  :)

Miss E was worried that she'd have a rough time again, but I think this one will be very different, as long as she doesn't psych herself up with worry.  Most likely she's having a great time already.  :)

Now I'm going to sneak a nap before I get back to work.

Hope you get your nap.

I am glad you guys made it on time.  That is kind of stressful.

I have been not tackling things for too long because of awful pregnancy symptoms. Well we're starting school back up the first week of August so I've got to start tackling things again.

- laundry washed, folded, away

- dishes(DONE)

- vacuum downstairs(DONE)

- kids clean up computer room

- kids and I clean out entryway closet

- pet sit

- meal plan(DONE)

- grocery list

- read for an hour

- take kids swimming to survive this awful heat

I hope you feel better.  

Stay cool

I hope you feel better.

Stay cool

Thank you! I'm out of the first trimester and daily nausea and exhaustion have subsided! Now it's just random pregnancy aches that hold me back but nothing that knocks me out for an entire day anymore.

Thank you! I'm out of the first trimester and daily nausea and exhaustion have subsided! Now it's just random pregnancy aches that hold me back but nothing that knocks me out for an entire day anymore.

Yay for nausea being over.  

I get so badly sick each pg I end up in the hospital for hydration over and over. 

Being pg in the summer is so hard.  

Gah!!!! Tried to take a short nap with dd2 but dd1 woke her up for no reason (well other than being a pain in my butt, she's on this thing where she does what she knows she isn't supposed to do and not listening. She has a friend that does this on purpose and said friend was here Saturday and I'm still trying to get dd1 back to normal. Said friend is no longer allowed here!)

• Like 1

The lessons for this week are planned.

I got some work done my co-op classes and book club but need to do more.

The third load of laundry is in the dryer.

The meals are done.

I still have bathing nephew to go tonight. It's a physical and mental workout bathing a 22 year old "man" who wants you to sing his own special version of "The Wheels on the Bus" the entire time. 

• Like 1