Menu

Anyone in High School using Crewton Ramone's website?

If anyone is using Crewton Ramone's House of Math website for high school could you please let me know if I need to purchase a textbook of some sort or are there plenty of practice problems online to practice the methodology with? I think that the website covers trig and pre calc. if not all the way through calc. please correct me if I am wrong.

Oh, and does he tend to have a sale at any particular time of year?

Thanks!!!

Debbie

Edited by dovrar

Thanks Sonya,

I have actually gone to the arithmophobia no more website and enjoyed it. Glad to know that there is a FB group, but I don't really do FB because I know that I'll get sucked into it. I mostly hijack my DH acct. when I need to look someone up. ; ) 

I'm really trying to figure out where the best place to spend my $ is. I've already got the MUS blocks and MM books #1-6 (the old blue series) that I was hoping I could use alongside of CRHOM (which I just subscribed to) for my 10 yo. and 4 yo.

I've got one kid in pre-algebra, one in algebra, and one that is in her senior year and FINALLY thinks that math might be fun. She'd been using the Cool Math website to teach herself the concepts in her Algebra 2 book and said, "calculus looks like fun". I never even got through pre calc...had a terrible teacher and opted to take trig and some statistics.

So far I've purchased the CR annual subscription, a Jacobs Elementary set (no DVDs) for the prealgebra child, and Foerster's Algebra I Text for DS who is in Algebra I and doesn't like learning math unless he knows where he would be able to apply it.

The 10 yo. wants to learn algebra, calculus and trig. and seeing as I'm homeschooling 5 kids it would really be nice to have some sort of resource book for myself to be able to pull problems out of so that I can show how to work the problems with the blocks. Does that make sense at all?

Again, I'm a bit restricted by funds and don't know if I really NEED the basic ops kit from CR or not. Or if I need the mortensen books. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks SO much!

Debbie