Menu

DD loves writing

Josh Blade

My daughter loves her HWOT book. She's always excited to try new letters and to show everyone her work. She was nearing the end of the first HWOT book, so we ordered the next one. It came in the mail Saturday and I took her out to the mailbox to help me check the mail (knowing it was there). We opened the packaging and she was super excited about her 'new yellow writing book that we got from the mailbox.'

We told her this was for after she finished her other (orange) book. She had about 20 pages left and she typically does 2 pages at a time 4-5 days per week, so it would be about 2 more weeks before she would get to the yellow book. She was a little disappointed but understood she had to finish the orange book first. Sunday evening she comes running up to me yelling 'Dad, I finished orange! I finished orange!' Then she thrusts her book at me and sure enough she went through the last 20 pages on her own. We had about one page worth of stuff that she had gotten sloppy on that we went back over and rewrote, but overall she did really well. It's awesome to look at some of the early pages and compare them to the later pages and see such a remarkable improvement in handwriting over just a few months. 

• Like 2