Menu

BFG vs. Secret Life of Pets

Janie Grace

We enjoyed The Secret Life of Pets more. There was more action and funny stuff. But The BFG was sweet. The book wasn't as sentimental as the movie.

We had to see The BFG last night because they're pulling them out of our theaters this weekend. Today is the last day. I guess it just wasn't doing well.

A neighbor, DD and I went to see Secret...Pets.   It was "ok".  I like the idea but feel it is way not appropriate for young kids.  A reference or inference (but I think there was mention of it, so reference) was made of people being blended in a blender.

What the ?????

In the end the message was good - resolving conflict to get along with others that are on the opposite side of the tracks.  No pun intended. 

But, overall I would not recommend it. 

Secret life of pets was only mildly entertaining and not at all what I was expecting. Clever only in places. It's like somebody well-paid came up with all the movie trailer bits and then a group of high school boys wrote the rest.

• Like 1

BFG was so sweet. I took my son to see it because it is one of his favorite books. I left the theater feeling warm and fuzzy , not confused, like I do sometimes with all the new cartoony ones. They have so much crood crass stuff in them sometimes. We still go see tons of movies, but BFG is my ultimate favorite so far.