Menu

Article: "Couples who met online three times more likely to divorce"

JumpyTheFrog

Yeah and where does one meet these people? In a bar? Meh. I think it's possible to meet someone nice in a bar, but you have to sift through lots of people who might not be interested in meeting anyone seriously.

Although at that point (pre marriage) I wasn't looking. It just happened (and it happened to be someone I met on-line).

Neighborhood coffee shop. If it went well we could extend into dinner at a restaurant nearby. My other go-to date was a walk around the lake downtown. If it went well we could extend into dinner at a restaurant nearby...

Did actually meet DH at a bar after work for our first date. But it was daylight, and we had a table and they served food... It didn't hurt to be dating in an urban environment where I could walk myself to all my first dates and there were always, always a ton of other people around.

At least 5 couples in our small parish met online. All age groups from early twenties to mid fifties. We aren't a dominant "denomination" so it helps to have a broader region to choose from. But I also want to say that each couple shared a life interest as well as the Orthodox Christian faith, and it seems to me that is a big success factor.

Edited to spell correctly the name of my Church. :::eyeroll:::

I picked my husband "out of a book" through a dating service 18 years ago.  It was before Match.com and E-Harmony.  We've been married for 17 years.  I didn't want to mess with meeting guys at church or bars.      

I didn't know there were guys in books. Does it mention if they know the difference between a hand towel and a dish towel or if they vacuum well? :)

• Like 1

Neighborhood coffee shop. If it went well we could extend into dinner at a restaurant nearby. My other go-to date was a walk around the lake downtown. If it went well we could extend into dinner at a restaurant nearby...

Did actually meet DH at a bar after work for our first date. But it was daylight, and we had a table and they served food... It didn't hurt to be dating in an urban environment where I could walk myself to all my first dates and there were always, always a ton of other people around.

We went to La Madeleine.  I've recommended it many times as the ideal meet in-person for the first time date.   For those who don't have one, you order at the counter but their goal was a Bistro.   If the date didn't go well, we could have eaten a light meal and left.   Since it went well, we could sit and talk by the fireplace for hours without bothering anyone.