What's with the ads?

#1 hands-on-mama

hands-on-mama

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

This is my daughter's first written narration of the year. She did a few with MFW Adventures. I have no clue if she is performing close to grade level in this particular area. I also know that can vary a lot. Any input? How much should a 3rd grader write on their own? The narration is below. The photo was too big to load.

Nomads killed Animals they roamed around and they had to pee in the woods. they loved hunting Animals. they had to move every week.

#2 Wholesomemomma

Wholesomemomma

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

She just started 3rd grade? I think that narration sounds great! The more regularly she does them, the easier and more detailed/fine-tuned they'll become, with your guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 freelylearned

freelylearned

Hive Mind Level 3 Worker: Honeymaking Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:07 AM

That's just fine. It will be a really, really long time before her written narrations catch up to her oral narrations, meaning it will be a long time for her to write on the level she thinks. It will also be awhile before her grammar and mechanics become automatic in her writing. I think it's a great starting point for a 3rd grade narration.

• hands-on-mama likes this

#4 hands-on-mama

hands-on-mama

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:40 PM

Thank you so much for the feedback! I worry so much about what we should be doing in Writing. I'm currently wrestling between using Write Shop C or W&R Fable with her.